Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

My app stoped when i start debugging

I'm a beginner of this Xamarin Android, i'm using Visual Studio 2015 enterprise. When i create a project and build it, everything is normal, when i do more thing inside and then i can't debug it anymore. Its keep "Unfortunately, my app name has stopped". Even i delete and make it back to the original code when i create project, it keep saying about that, Don't know how to fix this, pls help.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best Answers

Answers

• ChristopheBERNARDChristopheBERNARD BEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @TinTran

i'm not an expert but perhpas try this :smile:

• delete the app from your device and install again
    • try to make a new empty projet android (hello world) and run it ...
    • Try perhpas to deploy this projet on your own device with micro usb cable

i'm a beginner too, and when you begin it's enough hard :)

have a nice day

• TinTranTinTran USMember

thank's for your reply but it still not working :(

@TinTran => could you get more information perhpas ?

• what's happen when you create a blank project (hello world) and compile it ? is it ok ?
    • what's happen's when you run it ?

tell us more ...

hmmm i create another blank project (hello world button) and it still ok. but when i start more coding in there....it can't run anymore even when i delete all and build it back to hello world still can't run.'Unfortunately app has stopped'.

@TinTran ok ...

well if the hello world run your setting is ok ...
    Now, if you type some code and your projet didn't work again the problems comes from your code ...
    what are you doing as code ? tell me more ...

there are a lot of videos on youtube check some of them

I'm just using smtp to make an simple app of send email, it still work when i use it to check login to my email, but when i do more in there, its start...
    BTW: even when i don't use smtp or just make an simple code of show another layout it still stopped.

impossible even when i reinstall my visual, this time i uncheck shared runtime like everyone do with same error...but...no

• AlbertKAlbertK MYMember ✭✭✭✭

One more thing to check. In the "Project" -> "Project Name" properties -> Android Options -> Advanced -> Support Architectures. Tick all if not sure. if Target is VS Emulator tick the x86 and on Physical SmartPhone Armeabi or Armeabi-v7a.

i have tick all 5 of the advanced but still not working