Forum Visual Studio

Bug appears after the installation of VS 2017 RC

MarkVincentMarkVincent PHMember ✭✭✭

I was done installation VS 2017 RC last friday but until now, I can't use this because of the bug showing. I already repaired the VS but it seems, the problem still persists. I already updated my Xamarin forms, re-created a new project, deleted and re-downloaded the zips inside my AppData\Xamarin\zips but still, I'm having this difficulties.

The sad part is, I'll be having demo about Xamarin Cross Platform on the first week of December. I don't know when I can find a solution regarding this one.

Here's my actual bug problem.

Please help, I really need to fix this one.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you forceably update the Android support nugets? (hope not)
    What version of Xamarin.Forms nuget is installed. is installed?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless the purpose of your demo is to showcase VS 2017, you probably shouldn't be using it, as it's not released yet and there appear to be issues with VS 2017 and Xamarin, such as the Xamarin install using older versions of some things with VS 2017.

You would probably be better served to uninstall VS 2017 RC and stick with VS 2015.

• MarkVincentMarkVincent PHMember ✭✭✭

@ClintStLaurent No I didn't update those Android.Support just like what @JamesMontemagno said. I just updated the Xamarin forms and the Microsoft.NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform.

This is a fresh project.
    After the updates, I have 2 errors showing now.

@DaveHunt The problem is, it appears on my VS 2015 too. :/ So, something really messing me out and I don't know what's the problem.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkVincent

I seem to remember Xamarin mentioning that VS 2017 with Xamarin and VS 2015 with Xamarin were mutually exclusive. You can have one or the other, but not both. At this point, you should probably uninstall all VS and Xamarin and reinstall VS 2015 and Xamarin.

This is seems to be pretty odd. I already sent them bug issues regarding this one. Just to inform them. Yeah, maybe there's a problem having VS 2015 and VS 2017 together. But I doubt to remove 2015 and I want to demo the 2017 because there's a cool features like the xaml previewer there.

I have both 2015 and 2017rc installed on my home machine. I've round-tripped solutions between the two without a problem. I thought I tested it fairly well by starting a new solution under 2015, then opening and deloying it in 2017, then re-opening in 2015 and re-deploying it. But now you've got me intregued. I guess I'll beat on it more over the long holiday weekend.

I don't know. But if you don't have a problem about the 2 editions of VS, I hope I don't have either. But those errors really irritate me because it's already couple of days since I'm having that issues. :/ It's pretty weird.

@ClintStLaurent said:
    I have both 2015 and 2017rc installed on my home machine. I've round-tripped solutions between the two without a problem. I thought I tested it fairly well by starting a new solution under 2015, then opening and deloying it in 2017, then re-opening in 2015 and re-deploying it. But now you've got me intregued. I guess I'll beat on it more over the long holiday weekend.

Well... I'm a dork. I confused myself thanks to having multiple machines on my desk through a KVM.
    The solution round-tripped fine between 2015 and 2017. However 2015 was on one PC and 2017 on another. On the machine that has both, Xamarin was removed from 2015 when 2017 was installed.