No Inspector in Visual Studio for Mac

Hello,

i just downloaded and installed the new Visual Studio for Mac Preview to try it out. I'm signed in with my Microsoft account and the account info says i have a Visual Studio Enterprise license.

According to the installer the Workbook and Inspector is also installed. But i can't see a button to start the Inspector when i run my Xamarin.Forms project in debug mode in the simulator.

• SandyArmstrongSandyArmstrong USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

We should make this more clear in the release notes, but Xamarin Inspector 1.0 does not support alpha channel or Visual Studio for Mac Preview yet. It is coming soon, though.

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm USMember ✭✭✭✭

Is this also true for Visual Studi 2017 RC?

As far as i can see i got a test Enterprise license that is valid till May 31 2017 after i logged in with my msdn account (both in Visual Studio for Mac and VS 2017 RC), so it would be great to try out inspector, profiler and the remote ios simulator.

I cannot try out these with the "normal" versions of Xamarin Stdio or VS 2015, sinci i only have a MSDN Professional account.

@DirkWilhelm Inspector does not yet support VS 2017, either. It is being worked on, though.

Once that is fixed, I expect it would work with the RC's Enterprise license. That is ultimately more of a question for our support team, though.

• bradmbradm AUMember ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

@SandyArmstrong , it also does not show up for me on XS stable branch (though I did have VS installed on my Mac).

Xamarin Studio Community version 6.1.2 (build 44) using the mono 4.8 runtime (does it only work with the 4.6 runtime?) and Xamarin.iOS 10.2.1.5.

EDIT: Just seen this elsewhere.
    "Live app inspection requires an Enterprise license. Sorry for any confusion."

EDIT2: Signed in with my Xamarin Business license and it's a no go. Enterprise only -_- If profiler works for business (only found out today as I had always assumed it was enterprise only as it states on its page) shouldn't the inspector also work?

@BradMoore sorry, I don't know anything about profiler licensing. Live app inspection definitely does require Enterprise. Please contact our support team if you have licensing questions.

This discussion has been closed.