Testing iOS in the Test Cloud -> EnterText() Timed out waiting for keyboard

HubertusGrabnerHubertusGrabner USMember ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Xamarin Test Cloud

@Glenn.Wilson In the Announcements of Xamarin.UITest 2.0.0 you made the statement that EnterText() can be slow or occasionally throw errors.
Do my errors correlate with what you are aware of?

When I am running the tests locally on my machine they all work. I am using Xcode 7 (because the failed to install device agent issue is not fixed!) and testing on an iOS 9.3 device.
When I run my tests in the Cloud all of them fail for the same reason:

System.Exception : Error while performing EnterText(Marked("foomarked"), "text to enter") ----> System.TimeoutException : Timed out waiting for keyboard.
at Xamarin.UITest.Utils.ErrorReporting.With (System.Action func, System.Object[] args, System.String memberName) <0x7803460 + 0x0018f> in :0
at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp.EnterText (System.Func`2 query, System.String text) <0x801d678 + 0x00193> in :0

The Device I used in the Test Cloud is an Apple iPad Pro iOS 10.0.2

Locally they work!

Is there anything I can change to make EnterText() working in the cloud?

@dushyantanreddy
Are you having the same issues ?
Best Regards
Hubertus

• Yes exactly same problem.

• Sergiofv93Sergiofv93 USMember

Hi @HubertusGrabner ,

I had a similar problem, and I solved it with the Xamarin.UITest v1.3.7. Eliminate the v2.0.0 from your project and add the v1.3.7.
    If this doesn't work properly, you always can return to 2.0.0.

I hope it solves your problem,
    Best regards.

• HubertusGrabnerHubertusGrabner USMember ✭✭

@Sergiofv93
    Thanks for the tip. My current workarround is to not use iOS 10 devices. As long as I use iOS 9.3 it does work just fine. Due to another issue I have with installing the device agent I can not use the latest Xcode and thus also not the latest iOS version. So working with 9.3 is fine for me currently.

Best Regards
    Hubertus

• GeoffAGeoffA USMember ✭✭

I get this error for ios 10.2.1 (Apple iPhone 7 Plus) with UITest 2.0.7, latest Xamarin for Mac, latest XCode.

Currently stopping us from testing using Test Cloud on iOS 10 devices. Not using iOS 10 devices is not an option for us.

Any Xamarin people got any ideas?

• SamBakshiSamBakshi USMember ✭✭

I am facing same issue EnterText , Tap not working on edit fields failed with error Waiting for keyboard. Thanks for any help

• I am facing same issue EnterText , Any updates?

• LinnKristinLinnKristin NOUniversity ✭✭
    edited October 27

I also got this now after the last update.... But if you choose anther device f.eks iPadAir instead of Air 2 (both iOS 11) I get it to work