Forum Xamarin Xamarin.iOS

Connected to the Mac with Limited support.

Scott.ErtzScott.Ertz USMember ✭✭

Since the update to Xamarin that ended the Agent, I have had no end of trouble getting connected to the Mac. Today, I managed to get a connection, but the output windows says, "Connected to the Mac with Limited support." and does not show the list of emulator options. It also takes an incredible amount of time to make the initial connection. I am running Windows 10 Redstone with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 on the computer and macOS Yosemite on the Mac. Xamarin is 100% updated on both devices. Is there a step I'm missing or a known issue I'm overlooking?

Answers

• GarrettDeMeyerGarrettDeMeyer USUniversity ✭✭

Scott, I am having a similar issue. Did you find a resolution?

• Scott.ErtzScott.Ertz USMember ✭✭

No, I did not. I've got some sort of issue with my main development machine that has all kinds of communication blocked and I do not know why. I used another computer on the same network successfully, so, rather than continuing down what appears to be a dead-end road, I just use the other machine for Xamarin work until I find a solution.

• HakanKIRIKHakanKIRIK USMember ✭✭

Same problem. I couldnt updated Xcode from App Store.
    So I downloaded from apple developer site.
    Now I can run Xcode but when I look to App Store there is still the option to Install the xcode.
    The xcode I downloaded is not recognized I think.
    What should I do?

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@HakanKIRIK,

Make sure that you placed Xcode into the Applications area and replaced your previous installation. Also, make sure that you did not install a beta version.