Forum Libraries, Components, and Plugins

Plugins.Media and Plugins.Permissions Issue

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with Plugin.Permissions and Plugin.Media components. When attempting to use Plugin.Media I get the following error:

Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Does not have storage or camera permissions granted, requesting. Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Does not have storage or camera permissions granted, requesting.
Unhandled Exception:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.'

I have had this working for some time so I'm really confused what happened today when I stepped away from it. I've found a couple links that seem related but their fixes have not solved the issue.

Here is my code for the assemblyInfo, packages, MainActivity, and MainApplication -->https://gist.github.com/Smaths/6b1c7909ca779697e28aee4b48352013

Here are the links I've found that seem related:

Best Answer

Answers

• SmathsSmaths USMember ✭✭

I realized one change that I did make: I changed the build to release to produce and .apk for android. After creating the build, I believe the error Unable to check manifest for permission: Object reference not set to an instance of an object appeared.

@JamesMontemagno