License questions

CatalinCatalin USMember

I have few questions about licenses:
1. Can I install Xamarin Studio on my desktop and laptop using the same license or do I need a license for each?
2. Is there a limit in the number of activations allowed? For example I want to rebuild my OS and I need to reinstall Xamarin. What do I do?
3. If I don't renew my license can I still push applications on a device?

Thanks,
Catalin

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

Hi Catalin,

1. Yes, you can.
    2. You can recycle your licenses if need be due to a reinstall, however reinstalling Xamarin Studio should not require to you reactivate a license, but a complete system restore would.
    3. Yes, but for iOS you would still need to be a paid Apple iOS developer.
  • CatalinCatalin USMember

Great. Thanks Jon.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

No problem

• CatalinCatalin USMember

One more thing. As an independent consultant I often witch between a Windows laptop and a Mac laptop. Installing Xamarin Stuidio on a Windows and OS X at the same time will cause any issues? In total it could be 3 computers 1 Mac OS X with both Android and iOS and one Windows with Android development.

Thanks,
    Catalin

Xamarin Studio itself does not require a license, just the Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS packages do. And Xamarin is licensed per developer, not per workstation, so we will give you as many activations as you need for your workstations. If you have any difficulty activating another workstation, just contact Xamarin Support at [email protected]

Thanks again

Jon