Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Can't open *.axml files in VS2015 using F#

I receive the following error message when opening layout files in F# project.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.MonoAndroidDesignerInterface.VisualStudioCodeModelBridge.get_EnclosingProject() in c:\Users\builder\data\lanes\3822\3b7df6f5\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.Android\Designer\MonoAndroidDesignerInterface.cs:line 180
at Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.CodeInteractions.CodeModelBridge.d__12.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.CodeInteractions.CodeModelBridge.d__27.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.DesignerProject.d__175.MoveNext()
at Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.DesignerProject.d__139.MoveNext()
at Xamarin.AndroidDesigner.AndroidRenderSession.d__105.MoveNext()

I'm using the latest Xamarin. I've found related bug here https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=44956, but it says that it's a duplicate of another one which is https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=44797, but I can't access it.

Tagged:

Answers