Cannot register for telemetry notifications from Estimote SDK. Possibly a problem with the bindings?

SebastienClement.1596SebastienClement.1596 Sebastien ClementUSMember

I am using Xamarin-provided NuGet bindings for Estimote SDK 4.7.3.2.

I am trying to call Estimote.DeviceManager.RegisterForTelemetryNotification, and giving it an instance of Estimote.TelemetryNotificationAmbientLight

The problem is that RegisterForTelemetryNotification expects an instance of the abstract class Estimote.TelemetryNotificationProtocol, while TelemetryNotificationAmbientLight inherits from NSObject but implements ITelemetryNotificationProtocol.

Is there something I am missing here, or should RegisterForTelemetryNotification actually accept ITelemetryNotificationProtocol?

• BenDeanBenDean Ben Dean GB

I'm assuming this has never been resolved? There hasn't been a release since this comment.

Sebastien, did you find a solution?

• MatthewGerberMatthewGerber Matthew Gerber USMember ✭✭

I am having the same issue. Has anyone identified a solution?

I have tried sub-classing the abstract Estimote.TelemetryNotificationProtocol and passing an instance of this sub-class to RegisterForTelemetryNotification, but I do not get any telemetry notifications. I have configured my Estimote to broadcast the telemetry data, so I'm not sure what's going wrong.

@JamesMontemagno We're still trying to get telemetry notifications (temperature and acceleration) from our Estimotes using the Xamarin Estimote component you describe here, but it doesn't work for the reason described at the top of this thread. Any ideas about this?