Bug? Image and Color Binding.

WinterCloudWinterCloud GBMember ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

Issue:
Binding Image in Forms and change by tap gesture may fail to load image. No Crash, just not showing Image.
Binding Color in Forms and change by tap gesture may crash, java null reference, crashed in BindingExpress.cs, I can't see which step it crashed.

Project:
A page with 10 small images with tap gesture attached for working as selectable button. When selected, change background color.
A static class working as repository for default Image (For testing purpose, I'm using only one image) and Colors.
Testing on Android, don't have access to other platforms at the moment.

Repro Steps:
Image Issue, when load, random number of buttons load without image.
Color issue, when page first load and button clicked, change background color works fine.
When page 2nd load and button clicked, change background color crash at BindingExpress.cs when setting a default Color from repository.

I'm a kind of beginner in Xamarin, so, ways of debug to see exactly why go wrong, how to work around the issue, etc. Greatly appreciated.

I have posted another thread before about the image binding. I'm still looking for answers.
https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/74441/workingwithimages-bug-not-supported-feature-or-im-doing-it-wrong

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• WinterCloudWinterCloud GBMember ✭✭✭

After a bit further testing, found this is only happening in Background Binding for Frame.

I changed views to Label in a Frame, and Binding tap command to change Text Color is working with no problem.