Xamarin iOS UIViewController Portrait Orientation

I am writing to ask how best a specific UIViewController can be set to an orientation of Portrait only - programmatically with C#;

The below code snippets are not preventing an orientation of Landscape in the iOS Simulator - nor on an actual iPod Device;

public override bool ShouldAutorotate() { return true; }

public override UIInterfaceOrientationMask GetSupportedInterfaceOrientations() { return UIInterfaceOrientationMask.Landscape; }

Thanks in advance in any insight and/or C# code samples;

Best Answer

Answers

• AxelCharpentierAxelCharpentier FRMember ✭✭

In your ios project Properties you can specify what orientation your app supports

• RobertHellestraeRobertHellestrae USMember ✭✭

@AxelCharpentier said:
    In your ios project Properties you can specify what orientation your app supports

Thank you for the feedback - yes, info.Plist provides check box options for Device Orientations;

However, only one UIViewController in my project is required to be in Portrait-only mode;

UIViewControllers in rest of project can be both orientations - Portrait, as well as Landscape;

• AxelCharpentierAxelCharpentier FRMember ✭✭

Sorry I red to quickly :)

• GregCadmesGregCadmes USUniversity ✭✭
    edited September 5

@RobertHellestrae said:
    I am going to select all orientations in the Info.plist file, and programmatically utilize Portrait-only for each View Controller;

The app project is of the Universal category, and will run on iPhone devices - as well as iPad devices;

AppDelegate.cs -

`public bool RestrictRotation = true;

[Export("application:supportedInterfaceOrientationsForWindow:")]
      public UIInterfaceOrientationMask GetSupportedInterfaceOrientations(UIApplication application, IntPtr forWindow)
      {
          if (this.RestrictRotation)
              return UIInterfaceOrientationMask.Portrait;
          else
              return UIInterfaceOrientationMask.AllButUpsideDown;
      }`

ViewDidLoad method of ViewController(s) -

AppDelegate app = (AppDelegate)UIApplication.SharedApplication.Delegate; app.RestrictRotation = true;

Excellent, this works perfectly. thank you.