Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

I've updated to MvvmCross pre-built binaries v3.0.12, and now I can no longer build!

Xamarin Studio thinks I'm trying to use something which requires the 'Business License'. This only happens for Android builds, not iOS. I've not added anything which should be referencing the WCF assemblies.

I'm using pre-built binaries from https://github.com/slodge/MvvmCross-Binaries/tree/master/VS2012. I've used these in the past with no problems.

/Users/jokeane/Projects/kiio/Kiio.Android/Kiio.Android.csproj (SignAndroidPackage) ->
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets (_ScanAssemblies target) ->

:  mandroiderror XA9003: Assembly `System.ServiceModel, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35` requires Business (or higher) License.

• JimOKeaneJimOKeane USMember

Actually it is happening for both iOS and Android builds.

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

I guess this is related to: https://github.com/slodge/MvvmCross/pull/397 There might be more projects which reference System.ServiceModel without needing it. I guess you could re-open the issue.

I've found that if I manually delete the bin and obj folders, I can get Xamarin Studio to build my app once. But then later if I do a full re-build, every time I get this 'error'. I've also switched to the release (stable) update channel, but that has no effect. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in Xamarin Studio.

Thanks Tomasz. I've pulled the file plugin for now. This is sort of a catch-22 for me, since without the Business license, I cannot rebuilt the MvvmCross binaries to fix the plugin. (I develop primarily on the Mac OS, but I also build a WPF Windows client as well for my cross-platform project.)

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

Maybe you want to report the issue upstream?

Well... I purchased the Biz license so I wouldn't have to deal with this issue.
    But today when I got the latest MonoTouch update... I have new problems with MvvmCross. I'll write a new posting on that issue.