App gives Unknown identifier

Hi you all,

I know there are some vague questions like this one in the forum already but I really need someone to give the Xamarin team a heads-up for this.
I have static properties in my App-class (which derives from Application) and everything works ok on UWP.

However when switching to Android platform I get App - Unknown identifier and my app crashes.

Is there any fix on this in the near future or a workaround?

Would really appreciate any help!

• sqltsqlt USMember

Same issue here. Any info would be appreciated!

• LyndonHugheyLyndonHughey USUniversity ✭✭✭

I confirm that this is an issue that makes debugging a nightmare. I've created a Bugzilla ticket here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46539

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

do you have any images with '-' in your project? Android does not like these

• JoakimMnssonJoakimMnsson SEMember ✭✭

@ThomasBurkhart No. I know from previous Android-development that Android (was using Eclipse back then) was rather picky with imagenames (no special characters, only low-case etc.). So I have learned that lesson already! But thanks for the heads up.

• LyndonHugheyLyndonHughey USUniversity ✭✭✭

@ThomasBurkhart I'm also not using any images with dashes either. I included a blank forms project (with no images added) that illustrates the issue located at the bugzilla url i posted above. I've heard of others referencing this issue but I've never encountered it until now.