Forum Visual Studio

Xamarin shows namespace not defined while reference has been added.

CasperBollenCasperBollen USMember
edited October 2016 in Visual Studio

See the included image.

In an F# project a paket reference is added, however Xamarin studio shows a namespace not defined error.

Even after a successful build, the ide shows a red mark with namespace not defined.

When I try to use the library, intellisense fails and the error remains (even after closing and reopening the solution). However, I can build and run the code!

So, how am I suppose to develop an F# project without being able to use intellisense on referenced libs???

Tagged:

• JasonImisonJasonImison GBXamarin Team Xamurai

I don't happen to use the Paket addin, but I will investigate this. Do you get the same error without the addin installed?

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Paket adds conditional references in the project file which has caused Xamarin Studio problems in the past

• CasperBollenCasperBollen USMember
    edited October 2016

Thanks, I see that the bug is closed. Should it be reopened again? I already addd a comment but could not reopen it myself.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

This seems to affect only F# projects that use Paket. C# projects seem to be OK. F# projects that use NuGet are also OK.

Xamarin Studio 6.0 shows the references that Paket adds to the project correctly in the References folder whilst Xamarin Studio 6.1.1 does not so that original bug has regressed. However F# projects not working may be unrelated to this other bug.

• bansheebanshee USMember

No, C# projects are once again broken. This bug keeps showing up, and it's showing up in Visual Studio for Mac too (https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52453).