How to hide keyboard in DialogFragment when tapping anywhere?

Hello dudes

Small problem im sure some of you can help me with.

I got a edittext in a dialogfragment, and the keyboard pops up when i it comes in focus... now i want to remove the keyboard when hitting anywhere outside the edittext, but nomatter what i try i cant find the right eventhandler to do this.

In another activity i used this method:

public override bool OnTouchEvent(MotionEvent e)
    {
        InputMethodManager imm = (InputMethodManager)GetSystemService(Context.InputMethodService);
        imm.HideSoftInputFromWindow(mTxtBemarkninger.WindowToken, 0);
        return base.OnTouchEvent(e);
    }

works very nice, but it does not exist in the dialogfragment - anyone know what to do here?

Best Answer

Answers

• TroelsThistedTroelsThisted DKMember ✭✭
    edited September 2016

You sir jus saved my day...! If future people are looking at the thread, this is how i integrated the toch listener on the dialogfragment:

In the OnCreateView method:

public override View OnCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container, Bundle savedInstanceState)
        {
            base.OnCreateView(inflater, container, savedInstanceState);
            var view = inflater.Inflate(Resource.Layout.dialog_overlay_menu, container, false);

EditText txtEditview = view.FindViewById<EditText>(Resource.Id.txtEditview );

view.SetOnTouchListener(new ViewClickListener(mContext, txtEditview));
    }

And the OnTouchListener:

public class ViewClickListener : Java.Lang.Object, View.IOnTouchListener
        {
            private Context mContext;
            private EditText mEdittext;

public ViewClickListener(Context context,EditText edittext)
            {
                mEdittext = edittext;
                mContext = context;
            }

public bool OnTouch(View v, MotionEvent e)
            {
                InputMethodManager imm = (InputMethodManager)mContext.GetSystemService(Context.InputMethodService);
                imm.HideSoftInputFromWindow(mEdittext.WindowToken, 0);
                return true;
            }
        }

• Alright bro, just implemented the class and added the method to view. I can guarantee that this perfoms as expected no more no less. You sir, have saved my life thank you very much

@CarlosSantillan said:
    Alright bro, just implemented the class and added the method to view. I can guarantee that this perfoms as expected no more no less. You sir, have saved my life thank you very much

glad i could help you :)

• misko101misko101 HRMember ✭✭

Do you know how to detect touch outside of fragment too?

@misko101 i think you can implement the same touchlistener outside of fragments - If it is for hiding the keyboard that is!

• Jay2Jay2 AUMember ✭✭

@TroelsThisted said:
    @misko101 i think you can implement the same touchlistener outside of fragments - If it is for hiding the keyboard that is!

Is it work?

@Jay2 i think it works - try it out!

• Jay2Jay2 AUMember ✭✭

@TroelsThisted Yes it works for my website Vrinsoft PTY LTD, thanks for the information.