Forum Visual Studio

The "Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.CreateArchiveDirectory" task could not be loaded

IfeanyiIfeanyi USMember ✭✭

After the last Xamarin update with iOS 10, all of my App Store builds with True are failing with the following error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.CreateArchiveDirectory" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.dll. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

It's been over a week. I've done everything I can and i still can't see any threads discussing this. Has anyone run into this the past 2 weeks?

• Magic73Magic73 USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Yes!
    I got the same issue after upgrading to iOS10.

I checked that library (C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.dll) with reflector, and that class is under another namespace!

Instead of inside the namespace "Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks" is is inside the "Xamarin.iOS.Tasks" namespace.

Assembly Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks, Version 4.2.0.719

They forgot to rename the namespace :(

• Magic73Magic73 USMember ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Ok, fast fix.. while waiting for an official one.

open: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\iOS\Xamarin.iOS.Common.After.targets

at the top of the script, change:

<UsingTask TaskName="Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.CreateArchiveDirectory" AssemblyFile="Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.dll" />

with this:

<UsingTask TaskName="Xamarin.iOS.Tasks.CreateArchiveDirectory" AssemblyFile="Xamarin.Messaging.Tasks.dll" />

and recompile :)

• Maxim.6754Maxim.6754 USMember

Magic73, you workaround works. Thanks!
    Now waiting for fix from Xamarin team...

• iphooiphoo BYMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Have anybody filled a bug report for this issue?
    Here you go:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52522