How to build .apk file of a solution, that can update the before version.

Hi everyone, I´ve looking for information about this question but I haven't find anything yet in documentation for xamarin projects, I've published and created .apk files from my solution before (I don´t have any problem with that), but I've noticed that when I try to setup the .apk file in my android device that it have installed a preview version of my app, show me an error of "The App could not be updated". I would like to know how to generated .apk files that can update the preview version of the app

Best Answer

Answers

• vkt_rbvkt_rb USMember ✭✭✭

Thank you srsivaprasad you were right, but I still I a question, how can I manage the versions of my app, because I would like to set my version like 4.0, and when I release another new version use 4.1...etc? ... It's because when I set this kind of numbers in the version show me an error of "Not floating numbers allowed in version number", and if I set the same version number of 4, and the version name as 4.1, when I try to upload my .apk file in PlayStore it show me that I need to change my number version...

• DexTomDexTom Member

Use a build server 'teamcity' for generate artifacts.

-Tom

• IrongutIrongut Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

@vkt_rb said:
    how can I manage the versions of my app, because I would like to set my version like 4.0, and when I release another new version use 4.1...etc? ... It's because when I set this kind of numbers in the version show me an error of "Not floating numbers allowed in version number", and if I set the same version number of 4, and the version name as 4.1, when I try to upload my .apk file in PlayStore it show me that I need to change my number version...

In the properties of your Android project there are two version number fields:

• Version Number - this is the number used by the Play store, it can only be an integer and must increase between published versions. It is not usually shown to the user.

• Version Name - this is the version number that you show to the user and it can be anything you like.

So for example your app could have Version Number "10" but Version Name "1.2 alpha".