Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Test Recorder for Visual Studio failing to connect to app

I am attempting to try out the Test Recorder for Visual Studio https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/testrecorder/visual-studio/ however after selecting the appropriate APK, Visual Studio says "Connecting to app..." then after about 30 seconds it says "Failed connecting to app: An error occurred while sending the request.".

Running one of my existing UITests using the same APK that I select launches the app and runs successfully.

Am I missing something?

Answers

• JatinBDJatinBD INMember

I am facing the same issue.
    Paul did you able to resolve this issue? if yes then please share your solution :)

• SteveRawlinsSteveRawlins USMember ✭✭

Hit same error. Visual Studio Enterprise on Win8.1 running versions as shown below.

I am running a Windows VM on Parallels. Does that make it impossible for the UI Test connection?

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.6.01055

Installed Version: Enterprise

Xamarin 4.1.1.3 (34a92cd)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android.

Xamarin.Android 6.1.1.1 (7db2aac)
    Visual Studio extension to enable development for Xamarin.Android.

• NuramonNuramon CHUniversity ✭✭

We have the same problem here. Any thoughts on that?

Windows 10
    Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3

Xamarin 4.2.0.703
    Xamarin.Android 7.0.1.3
    Xamarin.iOS 10.0.1.10

• MarcoZamoraMarcoZamora USMember ✭✭

Do you have any answer to this? I have the same error...