Error compiling in Xamarin Studio (osx): error CS1566: Error reading resource file - No error in VS

lpinholpinho USMember ✭✭

Hi all,

this is a bit urgent, I'm including a project in a solution that as a resource file (resx file), and I'm getting the error:

Error CS1566: Error reading resource file `/Volumes/TFS/Xispas/Exceptions/resources/MdbExceptions.resources' (CS1566) (Xispas.iOS)

In VS 2012 I got no error while compiling, can you please help me? I'm stuck and I want to debug this code.

Thanks,

Luis Pinho

• amilleramiller USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @lpinho!

Can you try manually deleting the .resources files that you'll find in the Resources directory, rebuild the whole solution and paste here the build output you get? Thanks!

• AbooAboo USMember

I have the same issue:
    error CS1566: Error reading resource file `{address to the root of my project}/Properties/Resources.resources'

• lpinholpinho USMember ✭✭

Hi Allie,

in the project, I don't have any .resource file, the .resource file is generated into the output directory (\debug or \release), do you mean those .resource files?

Just a couple of notes:

The resource that I've got is a resx file with 100+ strings.
    The resource file is a linked file because is shared with other projects (.NET, Silverlight)

Thanks for trying to help,

Luis Pinho