Xamarin Subscription Renewal

anas.elhajjajianas.elhajjaji USMember
edited September 2016 in General

Hello

We have a Xamarin business license that will expire next October, 2016.

I read a lot of threads about MSDN licenses and it's not clear on my mind.

What are the options we have for the renewal? If we purchase MSDN license, which one to use? Since we work OS X, how can we activate Enterprise edition of Xamarin Studio especially legacy versions (5.10 and 5.9 for example)?

Best Answers

Answers

• JWhiteJWhite USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2016

Hi @AnasElHajjaji

Feel free to reach out directly to our team at [email protected] for specifics but I can help give some general overview.

Xamarin is officially a feature within Visual Studio so you just need to purchase Visual Studio to get access to the Xamarin tooling as well. The tier will depend on the services you require. If your company meets the requirements for the Community Edition (generally this is small business/startups) then go for that.

Otherwise you would look at VS Professional or Enterprise. Contact Xamarin for the details between those.

As you specifically work on Mac, licensing for Xamarin Studio is currently available as an MSDN subscriber benefit. You log into your benefits portal (my.visualstudio.com if I recall) and there is an option to claim a Xamarin license. Then you will continue development as normal.

As a note, I have also pinged your account rep to inform him. He should be able to work with you and your company on the best up to date information.

• Hi @JWhite

Thanks for your answer.

I already contacted [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] but unfortunately I'm not getting response.

The company doesn't meet Community Edition requirements so we need to purchase a license.

Our concern is are we still able to build on old version of Xamarin (5.9 and 5.5) using MSDN license?

• JWhiteJWhite USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Anas,

You can still access older versions of Xamarin from the xamarin.com website. Login with your Xamarin account, select Dashboard-> Downloads and there will be downloads with the last 5 or so versions. Anything older you would need to email your account representative and we can provide dedicated links