Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3.193

1234568»

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

@AnatoliiB
    Did you try

• update Xamarin Studio and other else
    • remove bin and obj folder for each platform folder(forms/iOS/Android)
    • clean & rebuild
    • delete the app and reinstall on the simulator or device.
  • AnatoliiBAnatoliiB USUniversity ✭✭

@BrightLee said:
    @AnatoliiB
    Did you try

• update Xamarin Studio and other else
    • remove bin and obj folder for each platform folder(forms/iOS/Android)
    • clean & rebuild
    • delete the app and reinstall on the simulator or device.

Should I try that with new / update of Xamarin or with downgraded version? I am trying the downgrades now and going back to VS studio 4.3.0.784 didn't resolve this. ....

@BrightLee ,
    I downgraded VS and Mac Xamarin Studio to Jan 27, 2017 versions, and still getting the error.
    I did the clean & rebuild,
    removed obj and bin folder contents under portable project, ios and android,
    deleted app on simulator before trying. still getting the resource.dll not found error.

Looks that it does not generate the {appname}.resources.dll file anywhere. another (previously working app seems to generate it).

edited March 21

@AnatoliiB said:
    can someone advise what to do with this issue after updating to latest Xamarin?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly '/Users//Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/2096BE71-5E72-4292-B61C-2CA47177E88B/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/A536F063-475E-4AB6-A852-BA098F8EA7F4/.app/en/.resources.dll' or one of its dependencies

UPDATE: non-issue, some weeks ago I turned on Exception catching in VS for all CLR exceptions, because it often does not show any call stack for exceptions in the App, and for some reason after the update the FileNotFound started to pop-up all the time for each GetString() call to resources. Once I un-checked this exception from the Exceptions list it is no longer an issue.

thanks for the help, @BrightLee !

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

My solution wasn't right.
    but I'm glad your issue is solved.
    Thanks for the update! @AnatoliiB

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@antoliiB I have also seen this exception when turning on all CLR exceptions, Still seems to manage to get the string so must be caught

1234568»