Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3.193

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@ShawnCastrianni.5092 Even with or without the service release, AppCompat has issues with scrolling when the keyboard is toggled on and off. I have a PR submitted on Oct 6 that should address some of the issues: https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/422. You could see the video I attached there.

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/552 should help you remove the status bar underlay XF is hard-coding. Most people should not need this, but in my use case, I need to skip this step.

• FranzBFranzB AUMember ✭✭

@JimmyGarrido the background color bug is gone and it works correctly with Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3.175

• AlexTam.7016AlexTam.7016 USMember ✭✭

Good finally, I actually desperately repaint the view with the same background color when the view value isVisible = true; as a workaround :P

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:
    @JimmyGarrido I'll let you know tomorrow, when I'll be able to test it on real iOS device, as on Simulator it work without issue (against 2.3.3.175) :smiley:

Confirmed, works as expected at iOS device - no issue with Background color on 2.3.3.175, as it was on 2.3.3.168 :wink: .

• 3 days now i am struggling with a bug in a library that i use https://github.com/TorbenK/TK.CustomMap which after updating to 2.3.3 nothing renders on the map. Just today i figured out that
    protected override void OnElementChanged(ElementChangedEventArgs<View> e) changed to
    protected override void OnElementChanged(ElementChangedEventArgs<Map> e) from MapRenderer

i believe that is a breaking change, shouldn't be documented somewhere?

• BradChase.2654BradChase.2654 USMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

ok I am trying to find a way to upgrade Xamarin Forms and now I am getting a new error when I try to compile...

I am getting a new error with the latest alpha when I try to compile:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Member 'System.Reflection.Assembly' is declared in another module and needs to be imported App.Droid C:\Projects\App\packages\Xamarin.Forms.2.3.3.175\build\portable-win+net45+wp80+win81+wpa81+MonoAndroid10+Xamarin.iOS10+xamarinmac20\Xamarin.Forms.targets 62

Anyone else getting this? if so what did you do to fix it?

EDIT: I can compile if I dont use the build libraries by taking out [assembly: XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)].

edited December 2016

Well I think I am tracking down the problem. All my views fail to load if they have events attached in the XAML when the view is inherited. Surely this isnt meant to happen?

EDIT: To add when I remove all my events to test if the view can even load I am getting Null references thrown in the CreateInstance now...

EDIT2: Appears just about all events dont work anylonger, what gives?

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00016] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/72366f70/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:667
    at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.DoInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00089] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/72366f70/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:652
    at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/72366f70/source/mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:680
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl (System.Reflection.BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark& stackMark) [0x00243] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/72366f70/source/mono/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/rttype.cs:5394

I just feel like Forms keeps going backwards instead of forwards.

• Shane000Shane000 USMember ✭✭✭

On the topic of Android slowdown has anyone managed to improve Xamarin.Android startup times with Forms? Ours is getting unacceptable on lower end phones. I cannot find a blogpost or anything in the docs about guidelines for xamarin.android cold boot and warm boot start times

• JeffDalbyJeffDalby USUniversity ✭✭

Background color issue fixed for me as well. Unfortunately still having crashing issues, and so I still can't release a patched version of our stuff on iOS. Looks like there's an issue somewhere with context actions now (which is a crash we hadn't seen until applying this update):

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object', reason: 'System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ContextActionsCell.SetupSelection (UIKit.UITableView table) <0x101298430 + 0x0009c> in <e5da10d5f06a4c14bd03a87506e60846#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ContextActionsCell.Update (UIKit.UITableView tableView, Xamarin.Forms.Cell cell, UIKit.UITableViewCell nativeCell) <0x1012951e0 + 0x004c7> in <e5da10d5f06a4c14bd03a87506e60846#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ContextActionsCell.OnMenuItemPropertyChanged (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs e) <0x1012975a0 + 0x00113> in <e5da10d5f06a4c14bd03a87506e60846#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.OnPropertyChanged (System.String propertyName) <0x101344c40 + 0x0005f> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.Element.OnPropertyChanged (System.String propertyName) <0x1013bce60 + 0x00023> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueActual (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+BindablePropertyContext context, System.Object value, System.Boolean currentlyApplying, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+SetValueFlags attributes, System.Boolean silent) <0x101346320 + 0x00223> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueCore (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+SetValueFlags attributes, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+SetValuePrivateFlags privateAttributes) <0x101345710 + 0x002fb> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingExpression.ApplyCore (System.Object sourceObject, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject target, Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Boolean fromTarget) <0x10134b7e0 + 0x005d7> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingExpression.Apply (System.Boolean fromTarget) <0x10134b4f0 + 0x0008f> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Xamarin.Forms.BindingExpression+BindingExpressionPart.b__47_0 () <0x10134ddd0 + 0x00023> in <a50eda84c61e4406af3dd878e9754f6a#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at Foundation.NSAsyncActionDispatcher.Apply () <0x10191d890 + 0x00023> in <1b8eccd9010447b8b48086ab0847b072#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
    at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate) <0x10192f090 + 0x0002b> in <1b8eccd9010447b8b48086ab0847b072#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) <0x10192efd0 + 0x000ab> in <1b8eccd9010447b8b48086ab0847b072#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0
    at WeFeelXamarin.iOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) <0x100ed9e50 + 0x00023> in <90f546fc608c4a268f1196f92e2db5ed#a15ec443984bdd8b1a0e9260134dd65d>:0 '

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro USXamarin Team Xamurai

@JeffDalby Isolating the issue and providing a reproduction would be very helpful here for looking into this.

• JeffDalbyJeffDalby USUniversity ✭✭

@PaulDiPietro said:
    @JeffDalby Isolating the issue and providing a reproduction would be very helpful here for looking into this.

I will try when I get a moment. Again it's not consistent. Just going back and forth between pages where there is a listview with context actions will eventually cause the crash. Back rev'ing to 2.2.x fixes the problem. In the meantime until I can reproduce, was anything changed between 2.3.x in the handling of listview's on iOS, in particular dealing with them when they have a context menu?

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

@void

Hi, void. After I was told about Mobile Center Preview, I request to use it.
    But never got response yet.

Did you receive invitation reply mail something and using it currently?

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

@BBright said:
    @void

Hi, void. After I was told about Mobile Center Preview, I request to use it.
    But never got response yet.

Did you receive invitation reply mail something and using it currently?

Not yet.

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

OK
    Thanks for reply! @void

• MihaiCvasnievschi1MihaiCvasnievschi1 ROMember
    edited December 2016

Upgrading to 2.3.3.* is causing some serious issue in our WP 8.1 (Silverlight) application.

"Object of type 'Xamarin.Forms.RowDefinition' cannot be converted to type 'Xamarin.Forms.View'."
    at System.RuntimeType.TryChangeType(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean needsSpecialCast)
    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.TryAddToProperty(Object element, String localName, Object value, IXmlLineInfo lineInfo, XamlServiceProvider serviceProvider, Exception& exception)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.SetPropertyValue(Object xamlelement, XmlName propertyName, Object value, Object rootElement, INode node, HydratationContext context, IXmlLineInfo lineInfo)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.Visit(ElementNode node, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ElementNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ElementNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.RootNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Visit(RootNode rootnode, HydratationContext visitorContext)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(Object view, String xaml)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(Object view, Type callingType)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.Extensions.LoadFromXaml[TXaml](TXaml view, Type callingType)
    at KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView.InitializeComponent() in C:\Development\KDS-Release-HotFix\KDS.Mobile\KDS.Mobile\obj\Release\KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView.xaml.g.cs:line 30
    at KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView..ctor() in C:\Development\KDS-Release-HotFix\KDS.Mobile\KDS.Mobile\Views\IntroView.xaml.cs:line 35
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()

If I comment the Grid.RowDefinitions and navigate to the next screen that still uses Grid I get:

Position 30:14. Cannot assign property "ColumnDefinitions": Property does not exists, or is not assignable, or mismatching type between value and property

So obviously something is messed up for WP 8.1 - Silverlight ... I've created a sample project attached to this post.

Edit: Noticed that the previous attachment was targeting WinRT ... I've attached the Silverlight version. Please note that the issue can be reproduce only in Release mode for WP 8.1 Silverlight - I've noticed that WinRT version generates the same issue independent of build configuration.

• dpedrinhadpedrinha DEMember ✭✭✭

OK, I guess bugs don't get any attention until it's posted here, so here it goes:

Devs, would you please take a look at this bug? Thanks

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=47701

@ShanePope said:
    On the topic of Android slowdown has anyone managed to improve Xamarin.Android startup times with Forms? Ours is getting unacceptable on lower end phones. I cannot find a blogpost or anything in the docs about guidelines for xamarin.android cold boot and warm boot start times

Not just Android, UWP is unacceptably slow too. But I guess even for a multiplatform the iOS gets all the attention.

• WillHsuWillHsu USMember
    edited December 2016

When I use the new feature native view Declaration, there is no intellisense in xaml for paltform control.
    For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ContentPage xmlns="http://xamarin.com/schemas/2014/forms"
                 xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml"
                 xmlns:win="clr-namespace:Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls;assembly=Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, ContentType=WindowsRuntime;targetPlatform=Windows"
                 x:Class="NativeViewDeclaration.NativeViewDeclarationPage">
        <ContentPage.Content>      
            <win:TextBlock Text="Native Text"/>
        </ContentPage.Content>
    </ContentPage>

I have to input TextBlockmanually. Does anybody have same issue?

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

@dpedrinha Forms is not thread-safe everywhere, so always go to the main thread when updating GUI elements. Have you tried that?

And don't use Device.StartTimer, the Timer is one of the worst parts of Forms and just doesn't work. This PR needs to be merged:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/374

@rogihee said:
    @dpedrinha Forms is not thread-safe everywhere, so always go to the main thread when updating GUI elements. Have you tried that?

And don't use Device.StartTimer, the Timer is one of the worst parts of Forms and just doesn't work. This PR needs to be merged:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/374

Thank you for your reply.

To be honest I first tried using Task.Delay(1000); but then I read somewhere in Xamarin docs that Device.StartTimer was better. Anyway, neither worked.

After your reply I also tried

await Task.Delay(1000);
        Device.BeginInvokeOnMainThread(() =>
            {
                MyLabel.Text = "bla";
             });

And it didn't work. Same behavior.

Any other thought?

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@BradChase.2654 I tried reproducing this with a sample project but was not able to. Can you please file a bug report and attach a repro project? Thanks!

@MihaiCvasnievschi1 Thank you for the repro project! I was able to reproduce the crash and I've filed a bug report

@JimmyGarrido I thought I did file a bug report on it. I'll check again, regardless you should have full access to our repro to test. All you have to do it try to upgrade it to the latest forms.

• BjornBBjornB USMember ✭✭✭

@BjornB said:

@rmarinho said:
    @BjornB Please provide that info in bugzilla so we can properly track it down.. Sample, and stack traces are be super helpful.

We also identified the issue with BackgroundColor missing sometimes on iOS on 2.3.3 and we are testing the fix now will try to ship a hotfix ASAP.

Thanks.

Il post the bugzilla links here when its done. Im curious why you decided to remove 2.3.4 from nuget

Turned out to be a bug caused by ModernHttpClient on C8, works well on alpha C9
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=50210
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=45003

• I'm trying to use a java code in xamarin with C #, I was doing well until I got to that part:

Inside this method, create a ContentResolver instance, retrieve the URI for external music files, and create a Cursor instance using the ContentResolver instance to query the music files:

ContentResolver musicResolver = getContentResolver();
    Uri musicUri = android.provider.MediaStore.Audio.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI; Cursor musicCursor = musicResolver.query(musicUri, null, null, null, null);

Can anyone help me to adapt this part?

• DavidOrtinauDavidOrtinau USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University Xamurai

@Jair_xamarin said:
    I'm trying to use a java code in xamarin with C #, I was doing well until I got to that part:

Inside this method, create a ContentResolver instance, retrieve the URI for external music files, and create a Cursor instance using the ContentResolver instance to query the music files:

Uri musicUri = android.provider.MediaStore.Audio.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI; Cursor musicCursor = musicResolver.query(musicUri, null, null, null, null);

@Jair_xamarin I don't think you're going to get much attention here on that topic. This thread is about the Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3-sr1 release and your question is specific to Android and Java to C# conversion. I recommend posting in the Xamarin Platform > Android forum.

• Jair_xamarinJair_xamarin BRMember
    edited December 2016

@DavidOrtinau said:

@Jair_xamarin said:
    I'm trying to use a java code in xamarin with C #, I was doing well until I got to that part:

@Jair_xamarin I don't think you're going to get much attention here on that topic. This thread is about the Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3-sr1 release and your question is specific to Android and Java to C# conversion. I recommend posting in the Xamarin Platform > Android forum.

But the problem is that I posted this is a problem close to a week and no one will answer me, I have already spent 3 whole days breaking my head trying to get an equivalent and nothing ... I did not know what else to do.

To be an idea now I need help just with getcontentResolver, I'm not able to make it an instance.

• DavidTavarezDavidTavarez DOMember ✭✭✭

InputTransparent applies to children on iOS but not Android. https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=50992

• TheosTheos NLBeta ✭✭

Seems that with 2.3.3 the Android app always 'crash' when pressing the back-button on the masterdetail-page. So normally the app should just hide, now the activity gets destroyed everytime. This means that when opening the app again, it always will have to start over again.

"Activity has been destroyed"
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/77cb8568/source/mono/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:143 at Java.Interop.JniEnvironment+InstanceMethods.CallIntMethod (Java.Interop.JniObjectReference instance, Java.Interop.JniMethodInfo method) [0x00084] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop/Java.Interop/JniEnvironment.g.cs:11464 at Android.Runtime.JNIEnv.CallIntMethod (System.IntPtr jobject, System.IntPtr jmethod) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/JNIEnv.g.cs:186 at Android.Support.V4.App.FragmentTransactionInvoker.CommitAllowingStateLoss () [0x00033] in <27c17fe440cf491ba8255bcefade6e02>:0 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.MasterDetailContainer.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x00042] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\MasterDetailContainer.cs:130 at Java.Lang.Object.Dispose () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/xamarin-android/src/Mono.Android/Java.Lang/Object.cs:203 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.MasterDetailPageRenderer.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x00046] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\MasterDetailPageRenderer.cs:192 at Java.Lang.Object.Dispose () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/xamarin-android/src/Mono.Android/Java.Lang/Object.cs:203 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.Platform.SetPage (Xamarin.Forms.Page newRoot) [0x0003f] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\Platform.cs:226 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.Platform.Dispose () [0x00010] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\Platform.cs:52 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsAppCompatActivity.OnDestroy () [0x0002f] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\FormsAppCompatActivity.cs:195 at Android.App.Activity.n_OnDestroy (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this) [0x00009] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/platforms/android-24/src/generated/Android.App.Activity.cs:2981 at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:632037c4-bf97-4366-9df8-cfe2ce5b9b8a (intptr,intptr) --- End of managed Java.Lang.IllegalStateException stack trace --- java.lang.IllegalStateException: Activity has been destroyed at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.enqueueAction(FragmentManager.java:1515) at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.commitInternal(BackStackRecord.java:638) at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.commitAllowingStateLoss(BackStackRecord.java:621) at md5b60ffeb829f638581ab2bb9b1a7f4f3f.FormsAppCompatActivity.n_onDestroy(Native Method) at md5b60ffeb829f638581ab2bb9b1a7f4f3f.FormsAppCompatActivity.onDestroy(FormsAppCompatActivity.java:80) at android.app.Activity.performDestroy(Activity.java:6169) at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnDestroy(Instrumentation.java:1141) at android.app.ActivityThread.performDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:3693) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:3724) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1400(ActivityThread.java:151) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1357) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)

Are more having this issue since 2.3.3?

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@Theos This crash looks like this bug that should be fixed in 2.3.4-pre1. Also, your post got duplicated so I cleaned those up :)

• MartinKrkoskaMartinKrkoska CZMember ✭✭
    edited January 2017

@Theos said:
    Seems that with 2.3.3 the Android app always 'crash' when pressing the back-button on the masterdetail-page. So normally the app should just hide, now the activity gets destroyed everytime. This means that when opening the app again, it always will have to start over again.

"Activity has been destroyed"
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/77cb8568/source/mono/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/runtime/exceptionservices/exceptionservicescommon.cs:143 at Java.Interop.JniEnvironment+InstanceMethods.CallIntMethod (Java.Interop.JniObjectReference instance, Java.Interop.JniMethodInfo method) [0x00084] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/Java.Interop/src/Java.Interop/Java.Interop/JniEnvironment.g.cs:11464 at Android.Runtime.JNIEnv.CallIntMethod (System.IntPtr jobject, System.IntPtr jmethod) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/JNIEnv.g.cs:186 at Android.Support.V4.App.FragmentTransactionInvoker.CommitAllowingStateLoss () [0x00033] in <27c17fe440cf491ba8255bcefade6e02>:0 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.MasterDetailContainer.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x00042] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\MasterDetailContainer.cs:130 at Java.Lang.Object.Dispose () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/xamarin-android/src/Mono.Android/Java.Lang/Object.cs:203 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.MasterDetailPageRenderer.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x00046] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\MasterDetailPageRenderer.cs:192 at Java.Lang.Object.Dispose () [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/xamarin-android/src/Mono.Android/Java.Lang/Object.cs:203 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.Platform.SetPage (Xamarin.Forms.Page newRoot) [0x0003f] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\Platform.cs:226 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.AppCompat.Platform.Dispose () [0x00010] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\Platform.cs:52 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsAppCompatActivity.OnDestroy () [0x0002f] in C:\BuildAgent2\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\FormsAppCompatActivity.cs:195 at Android.App.Activity.n_OnDestroy (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this) [0x00009] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/3511/ce955cc0/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/platforms/android-24/src/generated/Android.App.Activity.cs:2981 at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:632037c4-bf97-4366-9df8-cfe2ce5b9b8a (intptr,intptr) --- End of managed Java.Lang.IllegalStateException stack trace --- java.lang.IllegalStateException: Activity has been destroyed at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.enqueueAction(FragmentManager.java:1515) at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.commitInternal(BackStackRecord.java:638) at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.commitAllowingStateLoss(BackStackRecord.java:621) at md5b60ffeb829f638581ab2bb9b1a7f4f3f.FormsAppCompatActivity.n_onDestroy(Native Method) at md5b60ffeb829f638581ab2bb9b1a7f4f3f.FormsAppCompatActivity.onDestroy(FormsAppCompatActivity.java:80) at android.app.Activity.performDestroy(Activity.java:6169) at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnDestroy(Instrumentation.java:1141) at android.app.ActivityThread.performDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:3693) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleDestroyActivity(ActivityThread.java:3724) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1400(ActivityThread.java:151) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1357) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5254) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:903) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:698)

Are more having this issue since 2.3.3?

I know it's ugly hack, but you can use this workaround. Worked for me (put it in your MainActivity)

protected override void OnDestroy()
        {
            try
            {
                base.OnDestroy();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                ex.ToString();
            }
        }

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

Have just updated to 2.3.3.180 . Suddenly getting System.InvalidOperationException in Xamarin.Forms.ColorTypeConverter when running on UWP (I haven't tried other platforms yet). I'm wondering if, when converting a string such as "white" to a Xamarin.Forms.Color, the case-sensitivity on the string has changed. Has anybody else observed this?

• StephaneDelcroixStephaneDelcroix USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭✭

@JohnHardman does it works with "White" (which is the correct capitalization of "white") ?
    As far as I can remember the ColorTypeConverter is case-sensitive...

edited January 2017

@StephaneDelcroix - Yes, it does work with "White". Before updating, it also worked with "white". Not the end of the world ;-)

edited January 2017

Using 2.3.3.180 on UWP (testing on desktop whilst my phone recharges), title bar and toolbar functionality that was previously working is now unpredictable. Regardless of whether or not I use SetToolbarPlacement, the presence of the page title and the toolbar is inconsistent. On some pages the title and toolbar appear, on other pages the title and/or toolbar do not appear. Any ideas/workarounds?

[Edit: Now that phone has just enough charge to test on - the title line is unpredictable on the phone, although the toolbar seems more predictable than on desktop. As per desktop, the title does not always appear when pushing a new page, but then is present after later popping a subsequently pushed page. But on phone, unlike desktop, the toolbar seems to appear reliably (based on limited testing)]

[Edit: Found the problem. In 2.3.3.180, the title line will only appear if Title was populated in the constructor of the page object. I have many pages where Title (and everything else) is populated in OnAppearing. It appears that in 2.3.3.180, if I set a dummy value for Title in the constructor, the subsequent behavior looks ok (based on limited testing)]

• tematimtematim FRMember ✭✭

I have a build issue with an Android project. The Platform specific iOS isn't referenced si I can't build :
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1410,2): error : Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1410,2): error : File name: 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.dll'
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1410,2): error : at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1410,2): error : at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1410,2): error : at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute()

I use this version with the stable canal and last SDK revisions

• @MihaiCvasnievschi1 said:
    Upgrading to 2.3.3.* is causing some serious issue in our WP 8.1 (Silverlight) application.

"Object of type 'Xamarin.Forms.RowDefinition' cannot be converted to type 'Xamarin.Forms.View'."
    at System.RuntimeType.TryChangeType(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, Boolean needsSpecialCast)
    at System.RuntimeType.CheckValue(Object value, Binder binder, CultureInfo culture, BindingFlags invokeAttr)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.CheckArguments(Object[] parameters, Binder binder, BindingFlags invokeAttr, CultureInfo culture, Signature sig)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InvokeArgumentsCheck(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.TryAddToProperty(Object element, String localName, Object value, IXmlLineInfo lineInfo, XamlServiceProvider serviceProvider, Exception& exception)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.SetPropertyValue(Object xamlelement, XmlName propertyName, Object value, Object rootElement, INode node, HydratationContext context, IXmlLineInfo lineInfo)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.ApplyPropertiesVisitor.Visit(ElementNode node, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.RootNode.Accept(IXamlNodeVisitor visitor, INode parentNode)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Visit(RootNode rootnode, HydratationContext visitorContext)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(Object view, String xaml)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlLoader.Load(Object view, Type callingType)
    at Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.Extensions.LoadFromXaml[TXaml](TXaml view, Type callingType)
    at KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView.InitializeComponent() in C:\Development\KDS-Release-HotFix\KDS.Mobile\KDS.Mobile\obj\Release\KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView.xaml.g.cs:line 30
    at KDS.Mobile.Views.IntroView..ctor() in C:\Development\KDS-Release-HotFix\KDS.Mobile\KDS.Mobile\Views\IntroView.xaml.cs:line 35
    at Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate()

If I comment the Grid.RowDefinitions and navigate to the next screen that still uses Grid I get:

Position 30:14. Cannot assign property "ColumnDefinitions": Property does not exists, or is not assignable, or mismatching type between value and property

So obviously something is messed up for WP 8.1 - Silverlight ... I've created a sample project attached to this post.

Edit: Noticed that the previous attachment was targeting WinRT ... I've attached the Silverlight version. Please note that the issue can be reproduce only in Release mode for WP 8.1 Silverlight - I've noticed that WinRT version generates the same issue independent of build configuration.

Turn on the XAML compiler.

Add to AssemblyInfo.cs this:

using Xamarin.Forms.Xaml;
    [assembly: XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]

It's working for me.

• @FerencCzirok.0862 said:

It's working for me.

Sorry ... still crashing for me on WinPhone.

• TrevBoydTrevBoyd GBMember

@MihaiCvasnievschi1 said:

@FerencCzirok.0862 said:

It's working for me.

Sorry ... still crashing for me on WinPhone.

Same experience here - does not work on WinPhone 8.1, but works fine on Android using Xamarin.Forms 2.3.4.184-pre1