Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3.193

• huangjinshehuangjinshe USMember ✭✭✭

@Kir said:
    Master Detail Page is displayed incorrectly after update to 2.3.3.168.

I also confirmed that, it already happening on 2.3.3.166 pre4. did you send it to the bugzilla?
    But only the PC version, not mobile.(thank God)

• deckertron9000deckertron9000 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@StephaneDelcroix I'm not sure who to ask, but do you have any knowledge on when the next update for 2.3.3 would be coming out? There's a lot of memory leaks on UWP that were addressed in 2.3.3 (profiling reveals way lower memory usage and way more released objects) but the themes not working is a blocker for me.

• ChrisHardyChrisHardy GBForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@deckertron9000 said:
    @StephaneDelcroix I'm not sure who to ask, but do you have any knowledge on when the next update for 2.3.3 would be coming out? There's a lot of memory leaks on UWP that were addressed in 2.3.3 (profiling reveals way lower memory usage and way more released objects) but the themes not working is a blocker for me.

We mention a way of getting 2.3.4 right now on the following thread and a quick update on the current state of 2.3.3 so hopefully this gives you some extra information that's useful!

ChrisNTR

• deckertron9000deckertron9000 USUniversity ✭✭✭

@ChrisHardy Hey thanks for the additional information! I'm assuming that the Theme issue is included under the XamlC issues mentioned in that post. Looking forward to the release (assuming next week since it's already Friday). Cheers!

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

@huangjinshe @Kir

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the MasterDetailPage on UWP using Forms 2.3.3.168 or 2.3.3.166-pre4. Can you please file a bug report with a reproduction project so this can get looked into? Thanks!

@JimmyGarrido said:
    @huangjinshe @Kir

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with the MasterDetailPage on UWP using Forms 2.3.3.168 or 2.3.3.166-pre4. Can you please file a bug report with a reproduction project so this can get looked into? Thanks!

You guys really let me down, every time I add something to bugzilla let me upload sample I did it every time but a lot of time no any response after I put sample, and now again?

Just download some of my bugs and update to :Forms 2.3.3.168 and core to 5.2.2, and test.
    I just did it and confirmed again. https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=41843

Also fix that bug too, that almost take half year.......

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

This one ( or rather the lack of it) is making our insights crash reporting glow in the dark : https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/527 and our users very unhappy.

Too bad it did not make it into https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/releases/tag/release-2.3.3-sr1

• BrightLeeBrightLee KRMember ✭✭✭

@void I agree with that.

And I'm curious how do you track crash report from your app?
    I saw reviews on HockeyApp component store, there are tons of 1 start reviews.
    So I'm afraid to implement it.

• voidvoid DKBeta ✭✭✭

@BBright We're flying on the fumes of an Insights Business Subscription. We've also implemented Hockey App, but to be honest it does not provide any value to us. So I've signed up for the Mobile Center preview https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2016/11/16/visual-studio-mobile-center/ that I suppose will be the tool to rule'm' all.

Wow. it looks really cool.
    Thanks!
    @void

• rogiheerogihee NLMember ✭✭✭

@BBright I'm using Raygun, works ok for me.

edited December 2016

Wow... why I thought hockeyApp is only solution!
    Thanks so much @rogihee . It looks great!

Sorry about talking out of topic.

• Frames without rounded border in this version!
    Was this intended?

Had already reported this in https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/76737/xamarin-color-same-value-different-tone-in-ios#latest

Can someone confirm?

• dpedrinhadpedrinha DEMember ✭✭✭

Is there a way to stop getting e-mails about this thread only?

I would like to know how to get e-mail about this thread. :)
    When 2.3.3 stable will be released again? @ChrisHardy

Thanks.

• FranzBFranzB AUMember ✭✭

I am also experiencing the background color bug since updating Xamarin.Forms from 2.3.2.127 to 2.3.3.168.

I have several RelativeLayouts defined in code as follows:

RelativeLayout myLayout = new RelativeLayout { BackgroundColor = Color.Green, };

The new version of Xamarin.Forms ignores my setting the background color and displays the RelativeLayout with a white color instead.

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭

@Franz.B said:
    I am also experiencing the background color bug since updating Xamarin.Forms from 2.3.2.127 to 2.3.3.168.

I have several RelativeLayouts defined in code as follows:

RelativeLayout myLayout = new RelativeLayout { BackgroundColor = Color.Green, };

The new version of Xamarin.Forms ignores my setting the background color and displays the RelativeLayout with a white color instead.

Same for me - switching from 2.3.2.127 to 2.3.3.168, causes on some views, missing BackgroundColor - it's just white. For me, it occurs only on iOS.

edited December 2016

@pierce.boggan
    @ChrisHardy
    @JimmyGarrido

If you add <ViewCell.ContextActions> on your listview's viewcell,
    This will ruin every UI in cell. looks like height of root cell fits to contextactions's height which is incorrect by some reason.

Please set your cell's height like 100.
    It will be reproduced.

It happens 2.3.4-pre1 as well.
    It started to happen on 2.3.3 stable, 2.3.3-pre4 works fine.

@rmarinho
    Please see above bug.
    Thanks.

@rmarinho
    @pierce.boggan
    @ChrisHardy
    @JimmyGarrido

This occurs on iOS 9 (tested on iPhone 5).
    iOS10 works fine.
    It happens 2.3.4-pre1 as well.
    It started to happen on 2.3.3 stable, 2.3.3-pre4 works fine.

@RaphaelChiorlinRanieri I can confirm the issue exists in 2.3.3 and it is not intentional! I tested with the master branch and it is fixed but it doesn't seem to have made it into 2.3.4 yet.

@BBright Can you please put together a sample project and attach it to a new bug report so I can look into confirming this? Thanks!

@huangjinshe I understand your frustration and I do apologize. As @pierce.boggan wrote in another thread this is one area we we want to improve on. Thank you for all the feedback you have provided and I will be looking into the bug reports you have mentioned.

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@StephaneDelcroix @rmarinho @EZHart When I compile Android dlls and use them in a test project, I'm getting a runtime exception. See attached. It has to do with ExportRendererAttribute in Registrar#L117.

I haven't tracked down the exact commit, but the issue seems to be somewhere between 4f4fae6 and 5642dd5 in history.

P.S. My workspace is current as of commit 526.

• VelocityVelocity NZMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@JimmyGarrido Have filed a report on Bugzilla but figured was also worth mentioning in this thread.

Unfortunately, the new platform-specific IsNavigationBarTranslucent does not work on iOS. Neither does attempting to manually set the Translucent property on the NavigationBar in a renderer.

Repro project and additional notes attached to the bug report.

My guess is that the following change (EdgesForExtendedLayout = None) in NavigationRenderer.cs prevents the view from extending its layout to fill the whole screen.

public override void ViewWillAppear(bool animated) { UpdateNavigationBarVisibility(animated); EdgesForExtendedLayout = UIRectEdge.None; base.ViewWillAppear(animated); }

NavigationRenderer.cs
    Line: 856.
    Commit: fc66448

• AlmaJensen.9398AlmaJensen.9398 USMember ✭✭✭

Using any of the release 2.3.3 builds of xamarin forms in a UWP Desktop app if I hide the master page in a master detail setup the hamburger button disappears making it no longer possible to pop out the master page again.

• StephaneDelcroixStephaneDelcroix USInsider, Beta ✭✭✭✭

@AdrianKnight we do not provide support on master or on your private branch, esp not here. Thanks for the report, but this is supposed to be already fixed.

@rmarinho
    @pierce.boggan
    @ChrisHardy
    @JimmyGarrido

Thanksfully, viewcell with contextaction's height problem is gone on 2.3.3.175.
    Thanks again.

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

2.3.3 Service Release 1 was pushed, please update.

Thanks

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited December 2016

@rmarinho

All good here. Thanks.

(not quite)

• AndrewRobertsAndrewRoberts USMember ✭✭

Transparency bug is fixed. Great job!

edited December 2016

@rmarinho

In 2.3.3 the toolbaritems have gone to the bottom of the screen in UWP. Is this a new feature? if so it's an unwanted one, setting the order and priority does nothing.

edit:

Ahh, might be related to this.

Need to give this a try :smile:

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=39531

• ShawnCastrianni.5092ShawnCastrianni.5092 US ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Is the following a known problem?

I upgraded from XF 2.3.2.127 to XF 2.3.3.X and my Android status bar is clipping my ActionBar. See attached image.

My only option is to intentionally use a different version of XF on iOS versus Android. I need 2.3.3 for iOS to fix the iOS 10 context menu crash but need 2.3.2 for Android to avoid this ActionBar clipping problem.

• rmarinhormarinho PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai

@NMackay do you have a Navigationbar ?

@ShawnCastrianni.5092 different versions can/will make weird issues ... Do you have a reproduction of that case ?

• EZHartEZHart USXamarin Team Xamurai

@NMackay Are you seeing this on desktop or mobile? By default, the toolbar should be on the bottom on a mobile device and at the top on the desktop. (If you're seeing a different default, then we might be looking at a bug.)

You can force the placement to the bottom or the top using page.On<Windows>().SetToolbarPlacement(...);.

edited December 2016

@EZHart

Thanks, It's mobile. I'd just found and tested that approach and it works fine in regular Forms apps tested on Lumia hardware. Just a bit of a problem in a Prism Forms app but that's nothing to do with Forms, I've logged an issue.

edited December 2016

@JimmyGarrido said:
    @RaphaelChiorlinRanieri I can confirm the issue exists in 2.3.3 and it is not intentional! I tested with the master branch and it is fixed but it doesn't seem to have made it into 2.3.4 yet.

@BBright Can you please put together a sample project and attach it to a new bug report so I can look into confirming this? Thanks!

@huangjinshe I understand your frustration and I do apologize. As @pierce.boggan wrote in another thread this is one area we we want to improve on. Thank you for all the feedback you have provided and I will be looking into the bug reports you have mentioned.

@JimmyGarrido ,I finally found a serious performance problem for Xamarin.Forms(UWP), could you let your team of member put it to the high priority? Because that problem exist since I touch with Xamarin.Forms, I almost thought this is what the Xamarin.Forms worked. https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46856

Simply just replace some logic from TabbedPage to other pages...I think not too hard to team.

@Franz.B @NamyslawSzymaniuk
    Are you still seeing this issue with 2.3.3.175? If so can you open up a bug report and attach a repro project? Thanks!

@AlmaJensen.9398 Can you file a bug report for this and include a repro project? You can link to it in here and we'll look into it. Thanks!

@TheEngineer Thanks for the report and info! I've opened a pull request for it.

• ShawnCastrianni.5092ShawnCastrianni.5092 US ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@rmarinho In trying to recreate my ActionBar clipping problem in a test program, I was able to isolate the cause. It was this code I added in MainActivity.cs which I got from Xamarin as a workaround for another bug:

base.OnCreate(bundle); #region Workaround: for Xamarin bug with AppCompat losing scrollview functionality Window.SetSoftInputMode(SoftInput.AdjustResize); if (Build.VERSION.SdkInt >= BuildVersionCodes.Lollipop) { Window.DecorView.SystemUiVisibility = 0; var statusBarHeightInfo = typeof(FormsAppCompatActivity).GetField("_statusBarHeight", BindingFlags.Instance | BindingFlags.NonPublic); statusBarHeightInfo.SetValue(this, 0); Window.SetStatusBarColor(Android.Graphics.Color.Black); } #endregion

I will have to remember what this workaround was trying to resolve to determine if it is still needed.

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@JimmyGarrido I'll let you know tomorrow, when I'll be able to test it on real iOS device, as on Simulator it work without issue (against 2.3.3.175) :smiley:

• @JimmyGarrido
    @rmarinho

Here is the original forum post that I was also suffering from that required this workaround code that is now causing the ActionBar to be clipped.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/62668/appcompat-does-not-resize-screen-with-keyboard

I just verified that if I remove the workaround to resolve scrolling in appcompat, then the ActionBar clipping problem is resolved. However, I verified that I still can't scroll in appcompat when the keyboard is up. In fact, even with the workaround, I still can't scroll in appcompat. So this workaround from @JimmyGarrido no longer works with XF 2.3.3.

FYI: It is really getting hard to manage all of these workarounds and bugs to get something that is production worthy.