Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How to work with a asymmetrical encrypt on PCL?

marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

I am trying to use the PCL Contrib but i don´t know how use this... i am not finding how add the reference !

So, i tried to use the PCL Crypto, but i am just finding examples of symetrical crypto and worked for me. But i need the asymmetrical. If someone has a example, please, show me.

Best Answer

Answers

• RaymondKellyRaymondKelly USMember ✭✭✭

Have you looked at bouncycastle for PCL? This library is pretty solid and there are tons of examples for different encryption methods.

• marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

@RaymondKelly said:
    Have you looked at bouncycastle for PCL? This library is pretty solid and there are tons of examples for different encryption methods.

I saw...but i need a example code !! I am not a experting programmer... and never did a asymmetric crypto!!

In my case, i have a Client-side and the Web-Api... i have to send a password encrypted to the web-api and after check, sent a json encrypted from web-api to the Client .

• marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

Can i fix a Private Key on the server and send the random public key by json or querystring ? Or i always have to use, for example, RsaKeyPairGenerator ?

• MatthewS_JCAMatthewS_JCA CAMember ✭✭

This is an absolutely massive question, and generally anything crypto should be left to an expert. Crypto is hard, and very easy to get wrong. The way to implement depends on what your needs are as to how to implement.