Does anyone have any feedback on a System.Array does not have a member 'Cast' Xcode8/XS update

I recently updated my Xcode8 and updated XS to be on par with my version of Xcode. A project that I open almost daily, is now receiving an error `Type System.Array does not contain a member 'Cast' and the best overload method.....(see attached file for full desc).
I was wondering if this is an update issue, it seems to be, due to the fact that this issue was not happening before the update.
These are my following Xamarin specs: Version 6.1, Xamarin Enterprise, Xcode10.

Answers

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2016

I was wondering if this is an update issue

Yes, it appears to be a change or bug in the latest version of the Mono 4.6.0 compiler: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=44323.

Adding a reference to System.Core in the project might help with the issue.

• jonathanyatesjonathanyates GBMember ✭✭✭

I m having the same issue. Broke my build after doing an update. Anyone have a solution to this please ?

• nberardinberardi USMember

@BrendanZagaeski it doesn't appear to be related to System.Core. Because all other LINQ statements work just fine. And as many people have indicated, this worked prior to upgrading and since this extension is only available in System.Core, System.Core should still be in the project.

My guess is that something got borked in one of the profiles related iOS Universal.

• TimBartonTimBarton USMember

I solved mine by doing this. (IEnumerable)ClassObject

• TimBartonTimBarton USMember

That's

(IEnumerable<ClassName>)ClassObject

For some reason my brackets were being removed.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited April 2017

I will close this thread to direct further discussion and updates onto the final public bug report that ended up being the one where a fix was committed into Mono: Bug 44402. (The bug I mentioned several days ago ended up getting marked as a duplicate of Bug 44402.)

(As always, I'm also happy to reopen the thread upon request within the next month or two. Just send a quick email to [email protected] with a link to this thread. For follow-up after the next couple of months, if the remaining related open bug reports or forum threads do not cover the desired scenario, please follow the recommendations to file a new bug report or create a new forum thread. Thanks!)

This discussion has been closed.