Can we use objective C bindings in Xamarin studio-trial?

Hi all,
I was trying to bind an objective-C library from cocoa controls and I successfully completed all the steps provided in the walkthrough. But It is not showing up in the projects tab in the 'Edit References'(Right click References folder->Edit References->Projects tab).

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• rajaikumarrajaikumar USMember

@Dave- Thanks a ton.

'assuming you created your test application in the same solution as the binding project'

This is what I was missing and now it shows up.

P.S: Do you think xamarin has a future?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@rajaikumar said:
    P.S: Do you think xamarin has a future?

Absolutely. Especially as the core of Xamarin/Mono moves to the .NET Standard Library. They just need to focus a bit more (a lot more) on stability in Xamarin Studio and their Visual Studio build process.

• rajaikumarrajaikumar USMember

@DaveHunt I successfully included the binding project into my solution but when i am trying to implement it in my solution it is giving more errors. If I try to clear one it's giving me an another one. I don't know whether the problem is with me or with Xamarin.

Could you please check whether this library could be usable in Xamarin, because this project uses classes like 'NSTimeinterval' which is not available in Xamarin.iOS.

https://github.com/orucanil/EndlessTableView

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

NSTimeInterval is just an alias for double. There's nothing special about it.

I don't see anything that would cause trouble creating a binding for EndlessTableView.