Xamarin.iOS 10.0.0.6: Mac Agent can't connect after update

descorpdescorp RUUniversity ✭✭

After stable update on both Mac and Windows I can't connect Xamarin Mac Agent. Tried both Xcode7 and Xcode8.

Starting connection to Mac Mac-Admin.local...
Xcode license must be accepted in order to be connected and working against the Mac
Disconnected from Mac Mac-Admin.local (192.168.130.128)

Windows:
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
Xamarin 4.2.0.680
Xamarin.iOS 10.0.0.6

Mac:
Xamarin Studio Community
Version 6.1 (build 5441)
Xamarin.iOS
Version: 10.0.0.6 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Hash: 6c3fee4
Branch: xcode8

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Xcode license must be accepted

What part of that is confusing you? Just open xCode 8 on the Mac. It will ask you to accept the new license agreement.

• Actually xCode 8 never asked me to accept the new license agreement

• JimTyminskiJimTyminski USUniversity ✭✭

Windows:
    Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015
    Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
    Xamarin 4.2.0.680
    Xamarin.iOS 10.0.0.6

Vladimir - where is the download/install for Xamarin.iOS 10.0.0.6 for Windows/VS2015? I just updated VS2015 to version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3 and now my Xamarin.iOS on Windows is 9.8.2.22 and my Mac has 10.0.0.6. So, nothing compiles anymore.

• JimTyminskiJimTyminski USUniversity ✭✭

Oh, wait, I found it - you have to go to VS2015 options, Xamarin, Other - then click Check For Updates. Sigh. I just assumed this would be automatic now.

Xamarin... still young and stupid, but a great product.

• VulcanVulcan TWMember ✭✭✭

Open Xcode and accept license, then re-try it will work fine

• descorpdescorp RUUniversity ✭✭

@vulcanlee

Open Xcode and accept license

It isn't that simple :)
    I had Xcode 7 and Xcode 8 both installed and both worked fine; after Xamarin update both started to complain about license.
    Obviously I'd opened Xcode to check updates, provisioning profiles and e.t.c

So it looks like Xcode's bug (I'd found a solution here http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/175069/how-to-accept-xcode-license) and Xamarin's update triggered it.

• VulcanVulcan TWMember ✭✭✭

I have only Xcode 8 on my Mac

• KuhdinkleKuhdinkle USMember ✭✭

This was more trouble than it should have been.

• JordanMaxJordanMax USMember ✭✭

@descorp said:
    @vulcanlee

Open Xcode and accept license

It isn't that simple :)
    I had Xcode 7 and Xcode 8 both installed and both worked fine; after Xamarin update both started to complain about license.
    Obviously I'd opened Xcode to check updates, provisioning profiles and e.t.c

So it looks like Xcode's bug (I'd found a solution here http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/175069/how-to-accept-xcode-license) and Xamarin's update triggered it.

I'm experiencing similar issues. Can't stand replies that are basically the equivalent of "did you turn it off and on again". Of course we checked Xcode...

• MayFlowerMayFlower USUniversity

@descorp said:
    Solution:

1. Go to Xcode -> Preferences -> Location
    2. Check if "Command Line Tool" set
    3. Run sudo xcodebuild -license in terminal
    4. Follow instructions

Thanks for the solution, I experienced the exact same issue after having Xcode8 installed and also keep Xcode7, in the location and "Command Line Tool" there it allows me to select Xcode8, then the project was able to connect to Mac Agent.

• applecrisp61applecrisp61 USMember

@descorp

Polite thank you from 4 months after you worked through this issue. Greatly eased my initial set-up.

• Arnav_RohitArnav_Rohit USMember ✭✭

@ Vladimir Abramichev
    thanx your solution solved my issue :-)

• AdamAdamczykAdamAdamczyk PLMember

The message in Visual Studio 2017 CR is misleading.
    Just go to your mac and open XCode Preferences and select command line tools like in screen

• WilfordMorrisonWilfordMorrison JMUniversity ✭✭

@Vladimir Abramichev, this works for me too..

• pmdlspmdls USMember

@descorp said:
    Solution:

1. Go to Xcode -> Preferences -> Location
    2. Check if "Command Line Tool" set
    3. Run sudo xcodebuild -license in terminal
    4. Follow instructions

Good hint! Actually, for me, I didn't even need to "accept" any license. The error was the same but what was missing was the command line configuration in and from Xcode.
    Thanks!

• JaxxonJaxxon AUMember

@AdamAdamczyk Thank you very much. Made it simple since it's not immediately obvious as you said.

• Mac Xcode program waiting confirmation of new plugin install or update. Go to mac run xcode from AppStore it will work and you can update or accept what it wants