"Found conflicts between different version of the same dependent assembly" won't go away.

I've freshly installed xamarin and I updated the Xamarin.Forms nuget package, and at one brief point I was actually able to compile the Android project and run it. Closed and re-opened VS15 and now I've got this "Found Conflicts" error that won't go away. I've tried the automatic fix as well as adding the bindings in the runtime node. Nothing has fixed it. I've got this on two dev machines now so surely someone else has ran into this issue?

Found conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly. 
In Visual Studio, double-click this warning (or select it and         press Enter) to fix the conflicts; otherwise, add the following binding redirects to the "runtime" node in the application configuration file: <assemblyBinding     xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Text.RegularExpressions" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.IO" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Globalization" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Xml.ReaderWriter" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.ObjectModel" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Linq" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime.Extensions" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Collections" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Threading" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Diagnostics.Debug" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Reflection" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Linq.Expressions" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.1.0.0" newVersion="4.1.0.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Threading.Tasks" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity name="System.Dynamic.Runtime" culture="neutral" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" /><bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.10.0" newVersion="4.0.10.0" /></dependentAssembly></assemblyBinding>    App2.Droid  C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets   2113    

Best Answers

Answers

• I'm having the same issue, hopefully there's a fix to this. Same thing with @Veyda92 , I tried the autofix from VS as well as adding the bindings on the app.config of the project but none of it works and the warning is still there.

FixPlease :neutral:

Question though, how would this affect the app during runtime? would it break the app?

• JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

I hope that you can fix this bug, it takes a large space in errors window...

• Veyda92Veyda92 USMember

@JonAlza said:
    I hope that you can fix this bug, it takes a large space in errors window...

Are you able to actually compile in your case? I know it's technically just a warning but whatever it is, it's causing my android build to fail completely for some reason.

• JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

@Veyda92 said:
    If you don't mind helping me confirm, I think I figured out what breaks the build (warning stays either way). Perhaps make a copy of your project and try it out?

1. Update your xamarin package to the latest.
    2. When prompted to restart VS to complete update, do so but don't save the project when prompted.
    3. Clean solution.
    4. Rebuild projects.
    5. Test

I just tried this with 3 projects and so far 2.3.2.127 is compiling now. Previously I was saving on exit.

I did it with other test project, and it compiles and runs saving and without saving the before restart VS. I don't know why you couldn't compile before that.

• SylvainGravelSylvainGravel CAMember ✭✭

Possibly treating warnings as errors?

• Pardon me if I sound stupid (because I am), but I'm having this error. What do I do to fix it? In detail, please. For newbies.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2016

The simplest option is to update to the Beta channel version Xamarin for Visual Studio 4.2.1.52 (or higher) that now includes the candidate fix for Bug 44193.

• Hello Everyone,
    This is my first review on Xamarin.Forms.
    I also faced such issues in initial learning of xamarin.
    To solve this issue just uninstall the app with the same name from application manager.
    If it not solved the problem delete the folder from file manager on respective platform.

This issue raises when installer found an app with the same name or package(in java) or assembly(in .Net here The Mono) already present on the device.

I hope this helps.

Thank You
                                                                                        --- HP

• @HimanshuPrajapati said:
    Hello Everyone,
    To solve this issue just uninstall the app with the same name from application manager.
    If it not solved the problem delete the folder from file manager on respective platform.

This issue raises when installer found an app with the same name or package(in java) or assembly(in .Net here The Mono) already present on the device.

I hope this helps.

Thank You
                                                                                      --- HP

Thanks Buddy, this trick really helped me out for my project...Thumbs Up

• alicanuzunnalicanuzunn TRMember

I had the same issue. My application didn't deploy on android and I tried to deactivating Hyper-V and it worked.
    I hope this helps.

• RoymonCLRoymonCL USMember

@HimanshuPrajapati said:
    Hello Everyone,

I hope this helps.

Thank You
                                                                                      --- HP

thanks Bro...

• @RoymonCL said:

@HimanshuPrajapati said:
    Hello Everyone,

I hope this helps.

Thank You
                                                                                        --- HP

thanks Bro...

its okay.....
    Be curious

• bvgwibvgwi USMember

If it is working in debug, but will not publish to release mode then it might be the provisioning profile. Mine was because my iOS Distrubution certificate did not match my iOS Distribution provisioning profile... once i had created the new profile that is assigned to the cert, then changing the iOS Bundle Signing to the new cert and prov profile everything worked.