Forum Xamarin.Android

Bundle Obfuscated .dlls into .apk

JohannesWlflJohannesWlfl DEMember ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Xamarin.Android

Hi everyone,

the established Continuous Integration Flow for Obfuscation with us is the following:

1. building the Project and the resulting "Artifacts" are being passed on to the second step
  2. Obfuscation step, which obfuscates and (if needed) further processes (e.g. bundles and signs) the result.

I'm trying to map building a signed (and obfuscated) .apk to that process but so far have failed miserably.

Is it possible to obfuscate the .dll files and use those dll files to create a signed .apk file? (without including the obfuscation as an AfterBuild in the android project)
Or is it possible to have the first step 'put out' an .apk file, unzip that and obfuscate the included 'assemblies' to 'rebundle' all files into an .apk and sign it? (and still have everything working?)

So far i've managed the obfuscation to work as an AfterBuild task ... but it's not how things 'should be handled' in the CI flow.

Thanks and greetings.

Tagged:

Answers

• josemmortegajosemmortega ESUniversity ✭✭✭

Hi @JohannesWlfl

I investigate a lot about obfuscating dll projects as well and leave for imposible, first because dll that I try obsfuscate it's PCL and there aren't any tool to obfuscate that convence me.

If you try unzip and obfuscating and rebundle, I think you need sign again, because your sign it's changed.

So, I think, maybe can obsfuscate first and sign the jar after. Can you try yet?