Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin.Forms OnApperaing method on tab pages different for Android and iOS

Hello,

I have implemented a tabbed navigation and I was running into a problem where I was making calls to azure on each tab and when the app initialized all of these calls initialized at once and my app crashed because the calls were conflicting. As a way to get around this I implemented the OnAppearing method for all of the tabs that aren't visible on app startup. This was working just fine in iOS but when I tested the implementation on Android it did not work because when the app initialized it still called the OnAppearing method and when I go to each tab the OnAppearing method is not called anymore.

Is there a way to get around this behavior in Android? I only need the function to be called when the tab becomes active.