UITest.Driver fails to start app iOS 10 - exception message “Sequence contains no matching element”

I installed Xcode 8 beta and could not get UITest to start the app in any simulator using Xcode 8. I switch back to using Xcode 7 and it works fine. Anyone else see this? Does anyone know when iOS 10 will be supported by UITest.

Best Answers

Answers

• I'm also seeing this behavior, running UITests on iOS 10 simulator fails to start the app.

• chbchb USMember

Also when I am using Xcode 7 and run 'xcrun simctl list' in the terminal, I can see the iOS 10 Simulators there in the list. But they are listed as like iPad Air (1AA8BECA-D657-4F80-8421-049A1BC56DBD) (Shutdown) (unavailable, runtime profile not found) and I can't start that sim with the UITest.Driver.

• chbchb USMember

When I run a test with its Xcode 8 beta simulators I get an exception right after initializing the UITest.Driver. The exception message is “Sequence contains no matching element”.

• JimBennettJimBennett GBInsider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

Seeing this too...

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 2016 Accepted Answer

The problem is that as of Xcode 8:

The Automation instrument has been removed from Instruments.

(https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/content/releasenotes/DeveloperTools/RN-Xcode/Introduction.html)

The Automation instrument provided the UI Automation API that UITest currently relies on. The UITest engineers are working to address that change and use a different mechanism to automate the UI (for their cross-referencing, that is non-public UITest issue #1005). In the mean time it will be necessary to keep Xcode 7 installed in the default location /Applications/Xcode.app for use with UITest. You can optionally also have Xcode 8 installed side-by-side at a different location.

@BrendanZagaeski What sort of timescale are we looking at? Is this a quick change so should be fixed in a few days, or a major change with weeks/months? Not trying to tie you down to a date, just wanted to get a rough ballpark.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

Ah ha, it turns out some more precise information on the status can be found in the Calabash release notes:

https://github.com/calabash/calabash-ios/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md.

Calabash 0.20.0 has just been released, and a corresponding version of UITest is tentatively on its way to Prerelease publication later today.

Thanks @Glenn.Wilson - trying it out now

edited September 2016

Getting problems running UITest on an actual device - it tries to run it on the simulator (and fails as I've built for device) despite having a physical device selected in Xamarin Studio.

This is using AppBundle. If I use InstalledApp it installed DeviceAgent which keeps firing up but no sign of my app running.

• Glenn.WilsonGlenn.Wilson USXamarin Team Xamurai

@JimBennett,
    Are you specifying CodesignIdentity? This is required using UITest with Xcode 8 on physical devices.

See: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/uitest/working-with/ios-10/

@Glenn.Wilson yup, using that. I can see DeviceAgent is installed, and it keeps starting up then dying, but my app never launches. This happens if I set the app using InstalledApp, ApBundle or TestApp in Xamarin Studio.

• SylvainGravelSylvainGravel CAMember ✭✭

My simulator just keeps restarting after installing UITest 2.0.0 beta2 and Xcode 10.

Error is "Unable to contact DeviceAgent"... of course the simulator is restarting!

@JimBennett @SylvainGravel
    Some general tips and debugging tips.

You can use IDE Integration or properties of your ConfigureApp.

// run against this specific device
            return ConfigureApp
                .iOS
                .Debug()
                .CodesignIdentity("iPhone Developer: Some Dev (A12BCDE3FG)") // need for physical device with Xcode
                //.AppBundle ("../../../iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/SomeApp.iOS.app") // Simulator
                .InstalledApp("com.companyname.someapp")
                .DeviceIdentifier("1234ab5678cd90ef1ab234c567d8901d2e3456f7")
                .StartApp();

// Use IDE settings
            return ConfigureApp
                .iOS
                .Debug()
                .PreferIdeSettings() // Use IDE Integration
                .CodesignIdentity("iPhone Developer: Some Dev (A12BCDE3FG)") // need for physical device with Xcode
                .StartApp();

IDE Integration refers to the Test Apps setting in the Unit Test Pad (see attached screenshots).

Xcode>Window>Devices can show you the UDID of a connected device.

Xcode
    Verify the version of Xcode that you are using (if multiple are installed). All of these values should be consistent (all referring to Xcode 8 if trying to run on iOS10).

What is the path to your Xcode8 install? [the default is /Application/Xcode.app]

Is the environment variable DEVELOPER_DIR set? Is so to what?

What is this setting in Xcode:
    Xcode > Xcode > Preferences> Locations > Command Line Tools

What is this setting in Xamarin Studio:
    Preferences>Projects>SDK Locations>Apple SDK

Only one version of Xcode can be running at at time. Which Xcode version are you pointing to?
    $ xcrun xcodebuild -version
    And which Xcode location?
    $ xcrun -f xcodebuild

edited September 2016

@Glenn.Wilson - looks like I've found my issue. I was using the same value as AppBundle for InstalledApp. Changed AppBundle to be the name of the .app file and that works on the simulator, changed the InstalledApp to use the bundle identifier from my info.plist and that works on the device.

Thanks for all your help!

Do we always have to run an installed app to test on the device? Means when I migrate what I'm playing with to CI I'll need to manually install the app on the device first.

XCode is installed in Applications :
    Mac-mini:~ lerondpoint$ cd /Applications/XCode.app
    Mac-mini:XCode.app lerondpoint$ ls -al
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 15 Sep 17:32 .
    drwxrwxr-x+ 63 root admin 2142 15 Sep 17:32 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 17 root wheel 578 15 Sep 17:31 Contents

No DEVELOPER_DIR set :
    Mac-mini:XCode.app lerondpoint$ echo $DEVELOPER_DIR

Mac-mini:XCode.app lerondpoint$

XCode command line tools : XCode 8.0 (8A218a)

Apple SDK location is : /Applications/Xcode.app

XCodeBuild version :
    Mac-mini:XCode.app lerondpoint$ xcrun xcodebuild -version
    Xcode 8.0
    Build version 8A218a

XCodeBuild location :
    Mac-mini:XCode.app lerondpoint$ xcrun -f xcodebuild
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild

Initializer code :
    public static IApp StartApp(Platform platform)
    {
    VisUITest.Platform = platform;
    VisUITest.ReferenceImagePath = "../../../_output/VisUITest/ref/";
    VisUITest.CurrentImagePath = "../../../_output/VisUITest/";
    IApp result = null;

if (platform == Platform.Android)
            {
                result = ConfigureApp.Android
                                     .ApkFile(
                                         "../../../Xamarin.VisUITest.App.Droid/bin/Debug/Xamarin.VisUITest.App.Droid-Signed.apk")
                                     .DeviceSerial("emulator-5554")
                                     .EnableLocalScreenshots()
                                     .StartApp();
            }
            else
            {
                result = ConfigureApp.iOS
                                     .AppBundle(
                                         "../../../Xamarin.VisUITest.App.iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/Xamarin.VisUITest.App.iOS.app")
                                     .DeviceIdentifier("C1DB5CD9-0648-4D1C-ACAA-A4115BE48714")
                                     .EnableLocalScreenshots()
                                     .StartApp();
            }

// This is required to ensure the Android Activity is properly loaded (and the backdoor is available)
            result.WaitForElement(query => query.Id("content"));
            result.Query("content");

return result;
        }

edited September 2016

I rebooted my Mac this morning and although it reboots the Simulator on tests launch, it worked once... It probably rebooted fast enough to hookup! So the issue is really that the Simulator restarts without reason as the right device is already launched...

Current error is :
    4 - HTTP request failed, retry limit hit
    Exception: System.Net.WebException: Error: ConnectFailure (Connection refused) ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused

@SylvainGravel,

We restart the simulator to put it into a known state.

If you are building your iOS app in the same solution ...

Can you try setting IDE Integration by right clicking on Test Apps in the Unit Tests pad (see screen shot in my previous post), select Add App Project and add your iOS project.

Then you can control-click on the iOS project under Test Apps (see screen shot) and select the device or simulator you want to run on. These choices will be consistent with your build options. Change the build options between device and simulator to get different targets for the Test App.

Use these ConfigureApp settings:
    // Use IDE settings
    return ConfigureApp
    .iOS
    .Debug()
    .PreferIdeSettings() // Use IDE Integration
    .StartApp();

You don't need the CodesignIdentity to run on a simulator.

Now run the Unit Tests. Is the result any different?

Also, about how much time elapses from when the simulator is shut down until it starts up again? Does the simulator get past showing a spinner? Does it show the home screen?

Same results with proposed setup.

The simulator restarts about 10-15 seconds after shutting down.
    It can't quite get past the spinner before failing. It does so 2-3 seconds after the test fails, then it show the home screen.

@SylvainGravel,
    And anyone having the Unable to contact DeviceAgent issue using Xcode 8.
    There is a new Xamarin.UITest 2.0.0-beta03. It is intended to fix at least some causes of this issue. Can you give it a try?

• JulienCurroJulienCurro USMember
    edited September 2016

@Glenn.Wilson : I upgraded to beta 3, and it looks like it is working when I launch my test from X.S. but when I run it from nunit-console in my C.I. I get this :

Running: /var/folders/ns/48h84qrn5r92qv3_rgjn4fy80000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/b951dc46a840ed13ac598677a750a8ea/bin/iOSDeviceManager install -d 9ec65c---44fe92 -a /var/folders/ns/48h84qrn5r92qv3_rgjn4fy80000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/b951dc46a840ed13ac598677a750a8ea/ipa/DeviceAgent-Runner.app -c "iPhone Developer: ..."
    Exit code '134' received from '/var/folders/ns/48h84qrn5r92qv3_rgjn4fy80000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/b951dc46a840ed13ac598677a750a8ea/bin/iOSDeviceManager install -d 9ec65ceb0d0dee7d64a061c468e371092d44fe92 -a /var/folders/ns/48h84qrn5r92qv3_rgjn4fy80000gp/T/xdb/DeviceAgent.iOS.Dependencies/b951dc46a840ed13ac598677a750a8ea/ipa/DeviceAgent-Runner.app -c "iPhone Developer: ..."'
    2016-09-22 15:37:53.562 iOSDeviceManager[95803:5171911] MobileDevice: Loading from /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework 
    2016-09-22 15:37:53.568 iOSDeviceManager[95803:5171911] MobileDevice: Successfully loaded
    2016-09-22 15:37:53.568 iOSDeviceManager[95803:5171911] Loaded All Private Frameworks [MobileDevice]
    2016-09-22 15:37:53.669 iOSDeviceManager[95803:5171911] *** Assertion failure in -[FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone7 productTypes], /Users/jonathan/git/calabash/FBSimulatorControl/FBControlCore/Configuration/FBControlCoreConfigurationVariants.m:106
    2016-09-22 15:37:53.677 iOSDeviceManager[95803:5171911] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone7 productTypes] is abstract and should be overridden'
    *** First throw call stack:
    (
        0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff901ba4f2 __exceptionPreprocess + 178
        1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff9e002f7e objc_exception_throw + 48
        2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff901bf1ca +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 106
        3   Foundation                          0x00007fff99bd3856 -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 198
        4   FBControlCore                       0x000000010647d3b3 -[FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone_Base productTypes] + 244
        5   FBControlCore                       0x0000000106480e3e __57+[FBControlCoreConfigurationVariants productTypeToDevice]_block_invoke + 356
        6   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff9274140b _dispatch_client_callout + 8
        7   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff92741303 dispatch_once_f + 67
        8   FBControlCore                       0x0000000106480cd8 +[FBControlCoreConfigurationVariants productTypeToDevice] + 102
        9   FBDeviceControl                     0x00000001065059f1 __28-[FBAMDevice cacheAllValues]_block_invoke + 427
        10  FBDeviceControl                     0x000000010650554d -[FBAMDevice handleWithBlockDeviceSession:error:] + 256
        11  FBDeviceControl                     0x0000000106505808 -[FBAMDevice cacheAllValues] + 96
        12  FBDeviceControl                     0x0000000106505371 +[FBAMDevice allDevices] + 186
        13  FBDeviceControl                     0x000000010650166d -[FBDeviceSet allDevices] + 72
        14  FBDeviceControl                     0x00000001065014cb -[FBDeviceSet query:] + 55
        15  FBDeviceControl                     0x00000001065015c1 -[FBDeviceSet deviceWithUDID:] + 164
        16  iOSDeviceManager                    0x0000000106434f4a +[PhysicalDevice deviceForID:codesigner:] + 124
        17  iOSDeviceManager                    0x000000010643510e +[PhysicalDevice installApp:deviceID:updateApp:codesignID:] + 146
        18  iOSDeviceManager                    0x0000000106437689 +[Device installApp:deviceID:updateApp:codesignID:] + 146
        19  iOSDeviceManager                    0x0000000106435c2e +[InstallAppCommand execute:] + 419
        20  iOSDeviceManager                    0x000000010643a9ba +[CLI process:] + 1171
        21  iOSDeviceManager                    0x000000010642f7ba main + 104
        22  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff984875ad start + 1
        23  ???                                 0x0000000000000008 0x0 + 8
    )
    libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    -> error: Failed to install DeviceAgent

Is beta 3 using a version older than this one : https://github.com/calabash/FBSimulatorControl/commit/5ef6a75ea3f4cbfd9ac39cb80e7fabaaccff4f7e ?

Edit: it does not work anymore in XS now, I don't really understand why.. I think I had UITest beta 2 still referenced in a referenced library, maybe that could be the reason...
    Anyway, I just checked on the framework in the temporary folder, and "FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone7 productTypes" symbol isn't included in that release. Is there a way to get the fixed one on github and install it in a place that Xamarin.UITest would detect ? Or is waiting beta 4 the only way ?

@SylvainGravel Thanks, we are working on this. Waiting for beta 4 is the only way.

• @Glenn.Wilson, I've been working through a raft of similar issues trying to get UITest working on iPhone device. At the moment I'm running Xamarin.UITest 2.0.0-beta3 and I'm getting an error in both simulator and device as follows:

Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException: Failed to install Device Agent

This is based on a solution that only has the default iOS project and the default UITest project.

Let me know if there is anything I can provide that might help you better understand what is going on... alternatively feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong.

• @FormerExtravert you're getting the same error as me, and everybody should have it I guess since it is a dependency embedded in the Xamarin.UITest.dll which is not up to date...
    I hope that Xamarin will make a quick release with that dependency updated instead of trying to fix more bugs before releasing beta 4.. Because right now I don't think that any beta has been working on device/simulator/XTC with iOS 10.

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

+1 for
    Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException: Failed to install Device Agent

@SylvainGravel, @JulienCurro, @AnthonyRamirez
    UITest beta04 is out with a fix for the Assertion failure in -[FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone7 productTypes],... issue.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/73766/current-and-recent-releases-uitest-test-recorder-and-calabash

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.UITest/2.0.0-beta04

• AnthonyRamirezAnthonyRamirez USUniversity ✭✭✭

GM @Glenn.Wilson!

First run is working again :)

• JulienCurroJulienCurro USMember
    edited September 2016

Thanks !! It works !

• HortinzHortinz GBMember ✭✭

Still not working on beta 4. The first test always works fine on iOS simulator but the second test throw this:

40 - HTTP request failed, retry limit hit
    Exception: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00033] in :0
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification .........

• ChristopherMyhill.2964ChristopherMyhill.2964 USUniversity ✭✭

Using beta05 I get the following message on iOS "Failed to install app {app location}". It starts the 9.3 simulator, removes the previous version then throws the error message. Yes, I have double checked the location of .app file. Any ideas why?

@Glenn.Wilson said:
    @SylvainGravel, @JulienCurro, @AnthonyRamirez
    UITest beta04 is out with a fix for the Assertion failure in -[FBControlCoreConfiguration_Device_iPhone7 productTypes],... issue.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/73766/current-and-recent-releases-uitest-test-recorder-and-calabash

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Xamarin.UITest/2.0.0-beta04

Missed your message, sorry for not getting back to you. Will try to test it later this week.

• Minh.NguyenMinh.Nguyen USMember

@Glenn.Wilson I have same question with @JimBennett
    Do we always have to run an installed app to test on the device? Currently, I have to install my app on simulator/physical device first, then run test.

• _JamesMundy_JamesMundy GBMember ✭✭
    edited October 2016

I'm currently using the beta 5 version of this @Glenn.Wilson and using your code I'm still having issues.

return ConfigureApp.iOS
    .Debug()
    .PreferIdeSettings()
    .CodesignIdentity("iPhone Developer: James Mundy (XXXXXXX)")
    .WaitTimes(new WaitTimes()).StartApp();

Produces the error: Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent

I'm trying to run my tests on an iOS 9.3 device and have iOS 10 and Xcode 8 installed.

• HubertusGrabnerHubertusGrabner USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2016

Hi!
    I have set everything as stated in the above posts, I am also using the newest beta of Xamarin.UiTest (05) but still I do get:
    Is there any news about this issue?
    I am not using the latest XCode Beta, I am running XCode 8 release. Do I have to get the latest beta?
    Best Regards
    Hubertus

• XactiPurchasingXactiPurchasing CZUniversity

I have the same problem

@HubertusGrabner The released version of Xcode of fine.
    @XactiPurchasing @HubertusGrabner @JamesMundy or anyone still seeing this with the latest UITest beta05 (or later)
    Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent

Can you post in the full stack trace?
    @JamesMundy is testing against an iOS 9.3 device. How about others? Simulator or physical device? iOS 9 or iOS 10.

• HubertusGrabnerHubertusGrabner USMember ✭✭

@Glenn.Wilson
    Hi!
    I was trying to use an iPad Retina with iOS 10 on the simulator.

This is my stack trace:
    SetUp : Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent
    at Calabash.XDB.Core.Services.iOSDeviceAgentService+d__16.MoveNext () [0x001d2] in :0
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchAppLocal (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, System.Boolean clearAppData) [0x00210] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, Xamarin.UITest.TestCloud.TestCloudiOSAppConfiguration testCloudAppConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient testCloudWsClient, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient xtcServicesClient, System.Boolean testCloudUseDeviceAgent) [0x0007a] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp..ctor (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration) [0x00302] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.iOSAppConfigurator.StartApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.AppDataMode appDataMode) [0x00017] in :0
    at TheMobileApp.Test.AppInitializer.StartApp (Xamarin.UITest.Platform platform, System.Boolean isAutomaticRun) [0x0007a] in /Users/buildagent/Documents/workspace/Product/Therefore/Connectors/TheMobile/Xamarin/TheMobileApp.Test/TheMobileApp.Test/Base/AppInitializer.cs:43
    at TheMobileApp.Test.MobileTestBase.BeforeEachTest () [0x0000e] in /Users/buildagent/Documents/workspace/Product/Therefore/Connectors/TheMobile/Xamarin/TheMobileApp.Test/TheMobileApp.Test/Base/MobileTestBase.cs:74
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00038] in /private/tmp/source-mono-4.6.0-c8sr0/bockbuild-mono-4.6.0-branch-c8sr0/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-x86/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:305

• ChristopherMyhill.2964ChristopherMyhill.2964 USUniversity ✭✭

Beta 06 release, iPad Rentina 9.3 Simulator, XCode 8.0

Exception Message: Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.XdbException - Failed to install app /MyApp.app

at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchAppLocal (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, System.Boolean clearAppData) [0x001f7] in <48e3da902ca149af9e0223b3053da803>:0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, Xamarin.UITest.TestCloud.TestCloudiOSAppConfiguration testCloudAppConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient testCloudWsClient, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient xtcServicesClient, System.Boolean testCloudUseDeviceAgent) [0x0007a] in <48e3da902ca149af9e0223b3053da803>:0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp..ctor (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration) [0x00302] in <48e3da902ca149af9e0223b3053da803>:0
    at Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.iOSAppConfigurator.StartApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.AppDataMode appDataMode) [0x00017] in <48e3da902ca149af9e0223b3053da803>:0
    Failed to install app /Users/XXX/Documents/Code/XXX/XXX/bin/iPhoneSimulator/UITest/XXX.app

I have been getting the above since beta 05, it opens the Simulator, uninstalls the existing version of the app, then falls over.

I would really appreciate some help with this as our UI Test framework has not been working now since the last release of Xamarin.

@Glenn.Wilson

I use physical device - iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.0.2
    Xamarin.UITest beta05

SetUp : Calabash.XDB.Core.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install DeviceAgent
    Stack trace:
    at Calabash.XDB.Core.Services.iOSDeviceAgentService+d__16.MoveNext () [0x001d2] in :0
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchAppLocal (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, System.Boolean clearAppData) [0x00210] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSAppLauncher.LaunchApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient httpClient, Xamarin.UITest.TestCloud.TestCloudiOSAppConfiguration testCloudAppConfiguration, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient testCloudWsClient, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Http.HttpClient xtcServicesClient, System.Boolean testCloudUseDeviceAgent) [0x0007a] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.iOS.iOSApp..ctor (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.IiOSAppConfiguration appConfiguration) [0x00302] in :0
    at Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.iOSAppConfigurator.StartApp (Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.AppDataMode appDataMode) [0x00017] in :0
    at Worklio.UITest.Tests.BeforeEachTest () [0x0002f] in /Users/MC11/Desktop/Worklio/Worklio/Worklio.UITest/Tests.cs:30
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
    at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00038] in /private/tmp/source-mono-4.6.0-c8sr0/bockbuild-mono-4.6.0-branch-c8sr0/profiles/mono-mac-xamarin/build-root/mono-x86/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:305

looks it has been fixed in the new beta06. thanks