Convert Byte Array to pdf for android and iOS in Xamarin forms

KholoudAliKholoudAli USMember ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

I developing the app that receiving a pdf in base64biniary format from a web service in Xamarin forms, I want to save the file and display it in android/ ios

var base64BinaryStr = "JVBERi0xLjMNJe....."
byte[] bytes = Convert.FromBase64String(base64BinaryStr);

Tagged:

• KholoudAliKholoudAli USMember ✭✭

BTW, I use dependencyService that mentioned in this post, and I replaced WriteAllText with WriteAllBytes and run with no exception but it doesn't work (no saved file)
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/working-with/files/#Loading_and_Saving_Files

• kavya16kavya16 USMember ✭✭

Hi @KholoudAli, Were you able to do the same ? Can you upload your solution?

Hi @KholoudAli,
    Thanks for the excellent implementation. Can you please tell if you are returning string response of pdf from Web Api Service?

• KholoudAliKholoudAli USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

@kavya16 said:
    Hi @KholoudAli,
    Thanks for the excellent implementation. Can you please tell if you are returning string response of pdf from Web Api Service?

Thanks

Yes we retrieve the pdf base64binary string from Web service and then convert it to byte[] in the app

Hi @KholoudAli,

Regards,
    Kenika

• MohanadZahedMohanadZahed DEMember ✭✭

Hi @KholoudAli,
    I am trying to do the same as you did. which I don't understand is what should I do with the returned filepath from LoadAndDisplayPDF() in my plc project? how can I show the pdf from this filepfath ?

• RasmusVindRasmusVind USMember ✭✭
    edited September 2017

Hey @MohanadZahed
    That is a bit off topic, but look at this recipe that should help you getting there.
    https://developer.xamarin.com/recipes/cross-platform/xamarin-forms/controls/display-pdf/

@RasmusVind Thanks for the reply I'll give it a try

edited September 2017

I don't know why there is a return filePath, when he is already opening the file with another application using the intent. I had errors from the returning filepath but after canceling it, everything works now.