Debugging iOS app on iPad

Hi all,

I am pretty much a novice when it comes to app development, in fact i am in the process of creating my first one.
I am building it in Visual Studio and have been de-bugging via the simulator on a Macbook. I now have an iPad that i wish to use to debug/demonstrate the app. So when i hit debug in VS i want the app to load on the iPad.

If anyone could provide a step by step guide of how to do this I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Answers

• EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭✭

HI @ChrisHill,
    if you connect to your Mac your iPad, in Visual Studio you can select from the menu, your device.
    I don't have here me mac but I show your where with Android.

• ChrisHillChrisHill USMember

Thanks, I tried that however i am receiving the following error.

Error No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities.

Is there anything I need to download for the iPad itself to enable me to debug?

• aquabayaquabay AUMember ✭✭

@Ommy said:
    Hello Chris,
    You need to be a ios developer to release/debug app on device.
    The brief steps are
    1. Create certificate from Apple Developer portal and install on Mac
    2. Connect ipad to mac, open xcode ->window-> devices and Get the ipad GUID
    3. Go to portal, create a provisioning profile and register device, add device to profile
    4. download profile and install on mac.
    5. Go to visual studio,ios properties and select the iOS bundle signing, you should see your identity and profile
    6. Now you should be able to release/debug app on ipad.

For detail infor , please follow the following link.

https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/installation/device_provisioning/

Seriously? The folks at Apple need to remove the stick.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@aquabay said:

Things have moved on since this was posted, which begs the question as to why you are replying to a 2 year old thread?

• aquabayaquabay AUMember ✭✭

@JohnHair said:

@aquabay said:

Things have moved on since this was posted, which begs the question as to why you are replying to a 2 year old thread?

@JohnHair which further begs the question, why are you responding to a message that is relating to a thread that is 2 years old?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful.
    If you want help, ask. But I suggest you don't reply to old posts quoting out of date information.