"forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced" error since beta update

AndyDentAndyDent AUMember ✭✭

Since updating to the latest beta Xamarin Studio on Mac Version 6.1 (build 5345) with IOS 9.99.3.8

I am now getting an error building a unit test project:

Error CS1070: The type System.Dynamic.IDynamicMetaObjectProvider' has been forwarded to an assembly that is not referenced. Consider adding a reference to assembly System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' (CS1070) (Realm.XamarinIOS)

The assembly it mentions was already in the project as a reference. I removed it and added back for no change.

I created a new project from scratch which works. The properties for the reference indicate they both point to the same dll:

/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/System.Core.dll

Any ideas ono what to reset/rebuild?

Downloading a complete duplicate of the source and rebuilding that encountered the same error. That makes it more serious as this is a public repo and the main unit test project.

thanks
Andy

• AndyDentAndyDent AUMember ✭✭

As I mentioned over on the beta release thread

For some reason, it was previously working with the reference only in the platform project (a unit test runner). Now it also requires it in the library DLL project being used by the platform project. So this is probably not a bug but the IDE being fussier.

• using System.Drawing ;

lib remove then this error solve