Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Https web service doesn't work on PostAsync method

Hello
I'm using url with HTTPS in Xamarin PCL and here is my codes;

public static async Task<Result<K>> post<K>(string method, T item, bool willReplaceResponse) { HttpClient client = new HttpClient(); client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add(Resources.AppResources.API_KEY_HEADER_KEY, Resources.AppResources.API_KEY); //POST_URL = "https://........ string URL = Resources.AppResources.POST_URL + method; try { var json = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(item); var content = new StringContent(json, Encoding.UTF8, "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"); HttpResponseMessage response = await client.PostAsync(URL, content); if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode) { //do something } } }

In this code; PostAsync method is not working and crashed.
Actually in Iphone Simulator is working good. But in Android Emulator I've got never response.IsSuccessStatusCode = true. I have been got crash that is
System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.) ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed. ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• aybkekaraarslanaybkekaraarslan USMember ✭✭

Apologise for late returning. Thank you very much, it is working well now. @NamyslawSzymaniuk

• NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭

Good to hear that :wink: !

• JTEJTE USMember ✭✭

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:
    Faced this issue yestarday...

Add ModernHttpClient plugin to all your projects (PCL, Android, iOS, WP (etc.)).

After that, put new NativeMessageHandler() as a parameter of new HttpClient().

// *NativeMessageHandler*, from *ModernHttpClient* plugin has been introduced,
    // because lack of HTTPS requests handling, with OOTB implementation.
    // Previously, there has been thrown exception, while HTTPS requests:
    //      System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)
    //      ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    //      ---> System.IO.IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
    //      ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed
    _httpClient = new HttpClient(new NativeMessageHandler());

did not work for me. same issue as before... running out of ideas.

• SuatKorkmazSuatKorkmaz USMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@NamyslawSzymaniuk said:
    Faced this issue yestarday...

Add ModernHttpClient plugin to all your projects (PCL, Android, iOS, WP (etc.)).

After that, put new NativeMessageHandler() as a parameter of new HttpClient().

// *NativeMessageHandler*, from *ModernHttpClient* plugin has been introduced,
    // because lack of HTTPS requests handling, with OOTB implementation.
    // Previously, there has been thrown exception, while HTTPS requests:
    //      System.Net.WebException: Error: SecureChannelFailure (The authentication or decryption has failed.)
    //      ---> Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsException: The authentication or decryption has failed
    _httpClient = new HttpClient(new NativeMessageHandler());

Worked for me. Thanks.

• ShawnZhengShawnZheng USMember ✭✭

it seems ModernHttpClient only works for .Net 4.6.1 or up, it does not work for .net standard 2.0+