Some Custom Fonts Aren't Loading? iOS

ChrisLarkinChrisLarkin USUniversity ✭✭

I'm using several different custom fonts throughout my Xamarin Forms application and the majority of them are working fine. With certain fonts however, I get a null argument exception whenever I try to reference them from within the iOS portion of my application. Every font that I have used is a true type font (.ttf), and I have been able to successfully use 95% of the fonts that I have attempted to, but the remaining 5% won't work for some reason. Does anyone know what the problem is here, am I missing something?

All fonts have Build Action set to 'BundleResource' and Copy to Output Directory set to 'Always Copy'.

Best Answer


  • NamyslawSzymaniukNamyslawSzymaniuk USMember ✭✭✭✭

    Not sure, if it could help at all... but it might be just a hint - in past, I used fonts, delivered in *.otf format for iOS, and *.ttf for Android.

  • XnainaXnaina USMember ✭✭✭


    Install your font file and check file's actual name.

Sign In or Register to comment.