Forum Visual Studio

Cannot connect to mac as a Xamarin mac agent: An unexpected error occurred while configuring SSH

I have gone through the connection troubleshooting steps on the Xamarin developer site and I'm able to successfully connect from GitBash ssh client as mentioned in step 8. I have checked everything till that step but I am still unable to connect. Below is the Xamarin log:

Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.ServerStateContext Information: 0 : [2016-08-10 14:11:24.1358] MacServer State transition from DisconnectedState to SshConnectingState on Sulmans-MacBook-Pro.local (192.168.0.51)
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.DisconnectedState Error: 0 : [2016-08-10 14:11:34.2005] An unexpected error occurred while trying to log in. Please try again.
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.DisconnectedState Information: 0 : [2016-08-10 14:11:34.4490] MacServer State transition from SshConnectingState to DisconnectedState on Sulmans-MacBook-Pro.local (192.168.0.51)
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.DisconnectedState Information: 0 : [2016-08-10 14:11:34.6245] Disconnected from Mac Sulmans-MacBook-Pro.local (192.168.0.51)
Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.ServerStateContext Error: 0 : [2016-08-10 14:11:34.8326] An unexpected error occurred while configuring SSH for the user sulmanraja
Xamarin.Messaging.Exceptions.MessagingException: An unexpected error occurred while configuring SSH for the user sulmanraja ---> Renci.SshNet.Common.SshOperationTimeoutException: Connection failed to establish within 10000 milliseconds.
at Renci.SshNet.Session.SocketConnect(String host, Int32 port)
at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.Ssh.SshMessagingConnection.ConnectSsh()
at Xamarin.Messaging.VisualStudio.MessagingService.d__68.MoveNext()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Xamarin.Messaging.VisualStudio.MessagingService.d__68.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.State.DisconnectedState.d__8.MoveNext() in C:\Users\builder\data\lanes\3544\fcbe0828\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.IOS\Messaging\State\DisconnectedState.cs:line 64

Tagged:

Answers

• SulmanRajaSulmanRaja USMember

I have also tried to edit the UseDNS no solution and I was still not able to connect.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You're posting in the wrong forum. This is the Xamarin.Mac forum and has nothing to do with the Xamarin mac agent. You should be posting your question in the Visual Studio forum.

If you have followed the troubleshooting steps documented in the troubleshooting guide, and still have problems, then you should do as the guide states and file a bug report.

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@DaveHunt is absolutely correct. I'll most your post over to the right forum.

Thanks. I have posted this question in the Visual Studio Forum.

Seems like there is an issue with my wireless router configuration. I was able to connect via personal hot spot on my mobile device. Does anyone know what are the correct router configurations for the connection to work?