Map doesn't work in release mode (UWP)

dengerelidengereli TRMember ✭✭

I see map while project running in debug mode, when i try "release" no map, no error, no warning simply map doesn't work.
do you have any idea?

Best Answer

Answers

• Gigex42Gigex42 USMember ✭✭✭✭

I didnt really worked with the map control. But i think you have to allow internetconnection for your application while in release mode in your appxmanifest under capabilities.

On debug mode you have permisstions you dont have in release mode.

• dengerelidengereli TRMember ✭✭

@Daniel.Reiter UWP appxmanifest doesn't have any conditional definition as debug or release mode.

• Gigex42Gigex42 USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

True but when you try to start your app in release mode, some capabilities of your app like internet connection wont work because you have to activate them in the manifest.

Thats the only thing that comes to my mind here..

@Daniel.Reiter said:
    True but when you try to start your app in release mode, some capabilities of your app like internet connection wont work because you have to activate them in the manifest.

Thats the only thing that comes to my mind here..

I see. I look an check all around too but I couldn't find a way to show Map in UWP. bad issue because Windows compile for store only for "release"...

• OyebodeOridotaOyebodeOridota ZAMember ✭✭

Did you ever find an answer for this.

@OyebodeOridota said:
    Did you ever find an answer for this.

no. :( this task was delayed. When i start again I think I should try renderer page..

• Jan.NeprasJan.Nepras USMember ✭✭

I created bug report in bugzilla here https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46188. Do you guys still having this issue?

• Jan.NeprasJan.Nepras USMember ✭✭

@TomSoderling Thank you for helping me. It solved the issue!