Forum Xamarin.Forms

Android background service closes when I close application. How i doing wrong?

I trying to make service, which leave running in background while I close the application. I used the example from: https://github.com/xamarin/recipes/blob/master/android/fundamentals/service/create_a_simple_service/SimpleService

and I removed StopService(new Intent(this, typeof (SimpleService))); from Activity1.cs , but the service stopping when I close Main activity. How I doing wrong? Please help me.

Best Answer

Answers

• CedGabrangCedGabrang USMember ✭✭

@lakewik how did you started your service?

• lakewiklakewik USMember

@CedGabrang StartService(new Intent(this, typeof(SimpleService)));

• lakewiklakewik USMember

@CedGabrang Big thanks! The return StartCommandResult.Sticky; solved my problem, and I fortuity started the application without debugger and the service now running in background while i close MainActivity. But with debugger the service closing with MainActivity, but i think it is normal.

• HarbHarb USMember ✭✭

How do you combine the OnStartCommand Sticky with an AlarmManager that runs periodically?

• jackrajjackraj USMember ✭✭

Hi all,
    When the application is locked state means background services running. I have attached the screenshot to this message below

but reboot time error occurred but services run after some time I have mentioned screenshot below