Xamarin.iOS support for iOS 7 new App Icons?

The Project Options - iOS Application screen still doesn't support the new icon sizes and varieties that are in Xcode. For example, the 76x76, 120x120, and 152x152. It also doesn't recognize that if you set your target to 7 that you only need 3 app icons.

Coming soon? File a bug? Edit info.plist manually?

I'm on the alpha channel running XS 4.1.9 and Xamarin.iOS 6.9.6.0

Thanks.

• Gerry

• PaulBergerPaulBerger AUMember ✭✭

Hi

Can someone please answer this question?

• JasonFrearJasonFrear GBMember ✭✭

Hi,

I'm also in the position where we are submitting to the app store and the application loader is giving warnings relating to the three new icons. Any news?

• JonathanNesbittJonathanNesbitt USMember, Beta

Any word on this guys? I'm trying to submit my iOS 7-ready app today. I can't see where to add the new i0S 7 app icons in the Info.plist file, and enabling Asset Catalogs breaks the build:

/iOSApp/Resources/Images.xcassets: error: Failed to write info plist component.

Underlying Errors:
    Description: The file “assetcatalog-partial-info.plist” doesn’t exist.
    Failure Reason: The file doesn’t exist.
    Underlying Errors:
    Description: The operation couldn’t be completed. No such file or directory
    Failure Reason: No such file or directory

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

• GerryHighGerryHigh USBeta ✭✭✭

@miguel tweeted yesterday that iOS 7 would be released within 24 hours. They are past that but I'd still expect an update any minute now. At least that is the hope.

Gerry

• AzizBatihkAzizBatihk USMember, University

@GeeryHigh Miguel's tweet was referring to 24 hours after the public release of iOS 7 (See:

).

Yeah, am reading it more closely.
    <<
    We are on schedule to ship Xamarin's iOS 7 support 24 hours after it ships, actively working on our 64-bit support! (shared with our Mac64)

>

That leaves us Xamarin devs DOA then that are wanting to release for launch. However, in the past hasn't Xamarin typically provided an update to Xamarin.iOS within 24 hours after the GM releases?

As a side note, I know of many iOS devs using Xcode that have already submitted their apps for iOS 7 for review.

• AzizBatihkAzizBatihk USMember, University
    edited September 2013

That leaves us Xamarin devs DOA then that are wanting to release for launch. However, in the past hasn't Xamarin typically provided an update to Xamarin.iOS within 24 hours after the GM releases?

As a side note, I know of many iOS devs using Xcode that have already submitted their apps for iOS 7 for review.

I'm hoping that we'll receive an update soon via the alpha channel.

Any word on this guys? I'm trying to submit my iOS 7-ready app today. I can't see > > where to add the new i0S 7 app icons in the Info.plist file, and enabling Asset > > > Catalogs breaks the build

That happened to me too. Thankfully I still had the release builds without the extra icons, which Ive had to send to the App Store. The apps are fully iOS7 aware and working so it is a real shame that we didn't have a way of adding the icons as that (and 64-bit) were all that was left to do.

...And today, I have to pick up the pieces of clicking the asset catalog buttons and get our code back to a compilable state.

Ahh, the wonders of working in Alpha.

• JonathanNesbittJonathanNesbitt USMember, Beta

@JasonFrear I ended up creating a new solution in Xcode 5 GM, then selecting 'Don't use asset catalogs', and setting the deployment target to iPhone 6.0. At that point you can add all necessary app icons using the Info.plist approach. Then, I just copy/pasted the relevant section from the Xcode generated Info.plist into the Info.plist in my Xamarin Studio project (using a text editor). Your images will not show up in the graphical Info.plist editor in Xamarin Studio, but it appears to use the correct image (the new 120x120 one) when launching the app on iOS 7. Hopefully the Xamarin guys will get Asset Catalogs working soon, but this approach should work OK in the meantime.

@JonathanNesbitt the big issue was that it made a mess of my images, deleting all the splash screens from project and disk, and I then struggled to get it back to pre-asset-catalog status. I ended up restoring the images and the csproj/pidb/sln/userprefs and info/plist files for the project from backup.

Thanks for the input though, I noticed that when using the asset catalogs the option to specify the 120x120 icon was there, I guess that's where it was getting it from. Still, with Apple also wanting another two icons I guess we're all in the same boat for iOS7 for now.

Jas.

Good news for anyone waiting for this, it's in todays Alpha update (4.1.11 Build 10), along with the other icons for Spotlight Search (40x40 and 80x80).

• Yep, working well, although I'm always getting this warning when using Asset Catalogs:

Info.plist: Warning: Application icons have not been set

This 4.1.11 build actually showed up for me on Friday I think.

Anyhow, it is closer to what is in Xcode 5 in that it now shows the correct resolutions for iOS 7. However, in my app which is targeting iOS 7+ it is still showing placeholders for non-retina assets for which there should be none (for iPhone).

This is for App Icons, Spotlight and Launch images.