Forum Visual Studio

Xamarin Studio OSX - nuget package manager console ?

AliRFarahnakAliRFarahnak DKMember ✭✭
edited August 2016 in Visual Studio

Hi,
Is there a Xamarin Studio OSX - nuget package manager console, to type Commands?
I want manually download specific Version of Nuget Package, its annoying that the current manage only let me pick the newest which my solution is not compatible with.
Kind regards
Ali R. Farahnak

Answers

• JakubSeteraJakubSetera SEMember

Hi!
    Had the same need to add some arguments to Nuget commands.

Stumbled upon this:
    http://lastexitcode.com/blog/2014/06/22/NuGetPowerShellConsoleForXamarinStudio/

And it works for me! Such a relief! :)
    I'm running Xamarin Studio on Mac by the way.
    /Jakub

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

@AliRFarahnak - The Package Manager Console sugested by Jakub is one way to install a specific version. If you are using Xamarin Studio 6.0 you can also use a package version search in the Add Packages dialog to show all the versions:

NUnit version:*

The package id needs to exact in the above search.

In Xamarin Studio 6.1 the Add Packages dialog will have a drop down combo box to allow you to select a specific package version.

@SimonTsang - NuGet Package Explorer is not required by the NuGet Package Management Extensions addin. They are independent.

• RobbieElliottRobbieElliott USMember ✭✭

Hi,

Im using Xamarin studio 6.2 on macOS Sierra for my Xamarin.iOS development.

My manager is insisting that I remove the component NuGet package dependency sources from our git repo. (RestSharp, Json.Net). I think he wants the nugget packages to be fetched as part of an automated TestCity build on some other Mac.

I'm kind of new to the .NET world and am trying to understand how to, and which sources to remove. What I don't like is that it seems Im going to have to remove the sources locally every time I create a pull request. Can anyone recommend a best approach, and how to remove dependency sources?

Dependency sources to me suggests you are talking about the urls used for package sources. These are stored in a NuGet.config file, which may or may not be in your git repository. If the NuGet packages are on nuget.org I would suspect you do not have a NuGet.Config file in your repository since the default package source nuget.org would normally be available from your NuGet.Config file under your user's profile.

Ignoring the NuGet.Config file, assuming you can use nuget.org only, then in your repository you just need your packages.config file. Remove the packages directory and any files in there from your repository. Then you can use nuget restore YourSolution.sln to restore the packages for the solution.

• SPVRGNSPVRGN INMember ✭✭

@mattward How can I use the IgnoreDependencies option while installing the Xamarin NuGet packages in the Xamarin studio Mac?

@SPVRGN - The IgnoreDependencies option is only available with the PowerShell console. The PowerShell console is provided with the NuGet extensions addin, but it is a bit buggy.

• SamarAnandSamarAnand USMember

@mattward How can I use System.Net.WebClient on Visual Studio for Mac? It doesn't work.

@SamarAnand - If you are trying to call a web service of some kind there is some documentation on the Xamarin docs site. Otherwise I would need more information about what you are trying to do and what you have tried and how it is not working.

• tuyenvtuyenv VNUniversity ✭✭✭

@AliRFarahnak said:
    Hi,
    Is there a Xamarin Studio OSX - nuget package manager console, to type Commands?
    I want manually download specific Version of Nuget Package, its annoying that the current manage only let me pick the newest which my solution is not compatible with.
    Kind regards
    Ali R. Farahnak

If you need to install a specific verion of a NUGET, just open Package Manager then search for the desired package, then select expected version. It will work no matter you installed the package or not.

• gbonaventuragbonaventura ARMember ✭✭

@SimonTsang I follow your steps but when open the Package console extension. The dropdownlist of Package source is empty