No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities

I've looked at the previous discussions on this error and none of the previous solutions have helped.

I'm trying to run iOS code from Visual Studio to create an IPA file ( as in this ). When I try to build the code (step 7 of the Creating an IPA section on that page), I'm getting the error "No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities".

On developer.apple.com, I've created the App ID identifier, and created a Provisioning profile using the App ID, and then downloaded everything through Xcode on my Mac.

I've also tried running the code straight from Xamarin Studio, and I'm also getting the same "No installed provisioning profiles match the installed iOS signing identities"error.

Please advise how these issues can be resolved, so that I can build and run my code.

• I met the same problem

• LeighBowersLeighBowers GBMember

I've spent days trying to get past this issue. Did either of you manage to solve this problem?

• BrainSlugs83BrainSlugs83 USMember ✭✭
    edited October 2016

I'm having the exact same issue. I've created an App Id, I've linked it to a provisioning profile, I've downloaded and installed that profile on my mac, and for the iOS project I put the Identifier to match the one on the App ID.

In Visual Studio the physical device shows up in the run menu. But when I click it, I get the same exact error.

I basically did everything in the Xamarin guide, not sure what else is needed.

Edit:
    It looks like you have to select the singing identity from a dropdown list as well, under the project settings, find the "iOS Bundle Signing" tab, and under identity, change it from "iPhone Developer" to "iPhone Distribution".

On a side note, it's really annoying that it says "iPhone" everywhere when they mean iOS (we're developing for tablets).

• TroelsThistedTroelsThisted DKMember ✭✭
    edited November 2016

@BrainSlugs83 @LeighBowers @TongJiang.1331 @Joseph2302

You have to make sure that your profiles are downloaded to you keychain on your MAC - I use Xcode to do this! afterwards i restart (i think) and i can select the profiles in my Visual studio/Xamarin studio solutions

• RenAndrRenAndr DEMember

I would suggest that someone puts in here a step by step guide ... or a link would be nice to an - always - up to date guide.
    Xamarin promises to save time and money ... so far we didn't get anywhere but spending good time and money probably better invested elsewhere

• AuriRahimzadehAuriRahimzadeh USMember ✭✭

I had a few issues here. First, I had updated Xcode. Make sure you've launched Xcode after installing any updates. It may need to finish installation, which occurs on launch.

Next, in XCode, make sure you go to your account settings and ensure all your provisioning profiles are there. That's under the Xcode menu, then Preferences, then Apple IDs. My session had "timed out". When I re-entered credentials, I was told I needed to agree to the new developer terms.

Finally, and also in XCode, make sure your iPhone is still registered under Windows > Devices.

I did have to change my Release configuration to target the Distribution profile. I'm still going to check if using the "Create" button under the Xcode Accounts will allow me to recreate the now-apparently-missing previous profile.

• AuriRahimzadehAuriRahimzadeh USMember ✭✭

Update: I simply re-downloaded my Development provisioning profile and reinstalled it and was again able to Archive for Publishing. Not sure what happened to have it be removed, but whatever. Apple QA :)

I still have the problem where the build code isn't showing, though. What the...

• rahultiwari.7141rahultiwari.7141 USMember ✭✭

in my case it's different.

i have created ios Development and ios Distribution Certificate for testing using debug and release.
    both work perfectly.

now I just want to deploy the app for the app store, and created apple distribution certificate and profile, but not able to see those in the visual studio signing identity selection screen.

how can i create build for App store submission

• DannyCDannyC US ✭✭✭✭

@rahultiwari.7141 said:

i have created ios Development and ios Distribution Certificate for testing using debug and release.
    both work perfectly.

now I just want to deploy the app for the app store, and created apple distribution certificate and profile, but not able to see those in the visual studio signing identity selection screen.

how can i create build for App store submission

In the iOS Bundle Signing window change your configuration using drop down to "App Store" and then you should be able to set the signing identities, profiles etc.

• rahultiwari.7141rahultiwari.7141 USMember ✭✭

@DannyC said:

@rahultiwari.7141 said:

both work perfectly.

how can I create a build for App store submission

In the iOS Bundle Signing window change your configuration using drop down to "App Store" and then you should be able to set the signing identities, profiles etc.

i have just resolved using edit in csproj file for ios, that making some default reference in the project file and while updating profiles and re-install it never replace the previous one, it always creates a unique entry for that.