error in attaching provisioning profile in xamarin

ChetanDhandalChetanDhandal USMember
edited August 2016 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi,
i am trying to attach certificate to my project while release..but when i try to release it gives error"a sealed resource is missing or invalid"
i have 2 project in solution and they are linked to eachother ..

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Mac/Xamarin.Mac.Common.targets: Error: Tool exited with code: 1. Output: --prepared:/Users//Desktop/Demo/demo/bin/Release/demo.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sharedemo.appex
bin/Release/demo.app: a sealed resource is missing or invalid
file modified: /Users/
/Desktop/Demo/demo/bin/Release/demo.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sharedemo.appex/Contents/MonoBundle/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib
In subcomponent: /Users/**/Desktop/Demo/demo/bin/Release/demo.app/Contents/PlugIns/Sharedemo.appex
(demo)

Answers

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

In general, that error means you added a file to your bundle AFTER the code signing step of the build. Once the bundle is code signed adding, removing, or modifying files will break the signature, which is what that is yelling about.

This example, for example, https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/mac/UseMSBuildToCopyFilesToBundleExample/ uses msbuild to copy files in before signing, so they are accounted for.

• hi,
    this issue was resolved when i updated xamarin studio..
    but ,
    just now i reinstalled xamarin studio and same error again