JAVAC.EXE

Compiling an unmodified template (VS 2015 Community Release 2), I get the following error message:
The specified task executable location C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_55\bin\javac.exe is invalid.

Tools -> Options -> Xamarin -> Android Settings -> JDK Location is set to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_79

WHY is the compiler looking for a JDK in ... _55 when VS is set to look (correctly) in ... _79?
Is there some OTHER setting I have to change?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you for the effort Shafiq. The link above is very informative but seven years old and does not answer my question.

There is a person posting to Stack Overflow with exactly the same problem: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38357207/. His problem hasn't been answered yet either.

So to repeat: WHERE is Xamarin getting the idea that my JDK is 1.7.0_55?
    Since it's coming from the compiler, Visual Studio, there must be some VS variable that needs tweaking?

• ChadStout.7228ChadStout.7228 USUniversity

@LionelGoulet.3513

Since it's coming from the compiler, Visual Studio, there must be some VS variable that needs tweaking?

Did you ever find where this is set? I am having the exact same issue.

• devScapedevScape USMember

I had similar error VS2015, complaining about different jdk, and having different jdk in the Xamarin settings. Went away by just cleaning sollution and rebuilding. It may be that I was just lucky.