Microsoft Usability Study + Xamarin

gibarragibarra USMember
edited July 2016 in General

Microsoft User Research is looking for Xamarin Developers nationwide to participate in a 1 hour phone survey that will take place between August 1st through August 12th. We are interested in your development work flow, including the types of tools you use and why. The process you go through, information you seek, where you seek the information, and why along with additional trends and pain points information.”

If you participate in the study you will receive a gratuity of $100 cash gift card as well as the $200 purchase pass at the Microsoft store. If interested in participating in this study, please complete the brief survey and if your profile matches the study criteria, a member from our scheduling team will be in touch with you to schedule you for the study.

Xamarin Survey: http://analytics.clickdimensions.com/microsoftcom-aarfh/pages/a6jgxj1yeeabadhjuzwn8a.html

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Just want to chime in that I can validate the Usability Study above as I met up with Gabriela yesterday about this awesome opportunity!

• gibarragibarra USMember

Thanks, James!

• ThomasBurkhartThomasBurkhart DEMember ✭✭✭✭

@gibarra I would like to participate but am on vacations from 2nd to 10th.
    Still possible?

The study is running until August 19th - We would love for you to participate when you return from vacation! Please send an email to [email protected] and we will get you scheduled. Thanks!

edited July 2016

UPDATE This study has been pushed back and is now running between August 1st through August 19th.

• DanKrausDanKraus USMember

Submitting the survey form results in a blank page. The HTTP response's body is just <ResponseHTML /> - nothing else. Not sure if my submission went through or not.

@DanKraus said:
    Submitting the survey form results in a blank page. The HTTP response's body is just <ResponseHTML /> - nothing else. Not sure if my submission went through or not.

We've received your submission. Feel free to email us with any questions. [email protected]

• NikiNiki BGMember ✭✭✭

Just to confirm, you're looking for US based participants, right?

@Niki said:
    Just to confirm, you're looking for US based participants, right?

@Niki Yes. This is a remote study but you must be living in the United States.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@gibarra - I also got the blank screen. Have you received my entry?

• BradChase.2654BradChase.2654 USMember ✭✭✭

@gibarra Same on blank.

• ArthurKaterArthurKater TWMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Xamarin is only used by US based developers?
    If not, then I strongly suggest Xamarin/Microsoft not to limit this usability study to US based developers in order to get valuable and global input.

note: Xamarin and Microsoft, please realize the world is not just from east coast to west coast!

• JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

@ArthurKater I believe that is because there are rewards and incentives. I believe it is a legal thing just like sweepstakes often. Sorry.

• ArthurKaterArthurKater TWMember ✭✭

@JamesMontemagno So for the sake of incentives they (Xamarin/MS) decide to do an extensibility study where they know beforehand the results would not reflect the global user base...

Suggestion: Organize a MS MVP PGI event and ask the MVP (globally, so there might have to be two times) and ask the MVP.

UPDATE We are still looking for two more Xamarin Developers nationwide to participate in a 1 hour phone survey.

Gratuity is a $100 cash gift card. Use the link below to get started.

Xamarin Survey: http://analytics.clickdimensions.com/microsoftcom-aarfh/pages/a6jgxj1yeeabadhjuzwn8a.html

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArthurKater said:
    @JamesMontemagno So for the sake of incentives they (Xamarin/MS) decide to do an extensibility study where they know beforehand the results would not reflect the global user base...

Suggestion: Organize a MS MVP PGI event and ask the MVP (globally, so there might have to be two times) and ask the MVP.

This is a single study. I'm sure Microsoft, as a global company, understands that not all of their customers are in the US.

Microsoft appreciates feedback from customers all over the world but as @JamesMontemagno mentioned there are certain restrictions when it comes to our gratuity program. Gratuity is a huge incentive for people to sign up and follow through with our studies.

If you are a Xamarin user who DOES NOT live within the United States, feel free to take the survey anyways. We will add you to our secure database and you may be contacted in the future for additional studies that require global participation.

• JohnRowseJohnRowse GBMember ✭✭

@JamesMontemagno said:
    Just want to chime in that I can validate the Usability Study above as I met up with Gabriela yesterday about this awesome opportunity!

Lucky git!! Tough job, but someone's got to do it, huh!