Forum Community

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Looking for a mentor

Michael_ShapiroMichael_Shapiro USMember ✭✭✭

Hello Experts,

Yes, I am looking for a mentor. I am not new to the software development - more than a decade of design, development, and management of various software projects. However, I am coming, mostly, from windows forms development. It feels that in many cases Xamarin documentation, guides, and samples are skipping some basic, fundamental steps. In windows forms, for example, I knew everything - how it starts, what follows, how it should end, etc. Here the concept and basic building blocks are totally different. I am trying my best to map them to what I know, but finding myself spending more time searching for answers to, most likely, primitive questions than actually designing. I am, seriously, looking for someone who is willing to help, someone I can ask a question, a personal mentor, if you will. Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated,

mike

Tagged:

• Michael_ShapiroMichael_Shapiro USMember ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Did I ask this question in the wrong forum? Mods - feel free to move if necessary.
    By the way - I am only interested in iOS and Android natives with PCL and MVVM Light. No Forms at all. Hope I can find someone who is willing to share the knowledge.