Analytics

lleverallevera USUniversity

What are some good options for integrating analytics within a Xamarin Mac application?

It would appear there is a bit of a gap for options to choose from right now, as:

• HockeyApp, while supported on macOS, doesn't currently have a Xamarin native binding
  • Raygun, which does have a Xamarin native binding hasn't implemented Pulse for macOS
  • Other options that come up searching for analytics on macOS (Deskmetrics, Countly etc) also don't have a Xamarin native binding

My current thought is that the best option would be to create the Xamarin native binding for HockeyApp ourselves.
But before I do this, I was curious to know what others may have done, or if in fact this binding might already be out there.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@llevera

I haven't used it, but you might want to take a look at Segment. It's a Xamarin binding that essentially routes analytics data to whatever analytics services (Countly, Google Analytics, etc) you select. It might serve your purpose.

• lleverallevera USUniversity

Thanks @DaveHunt. Looking into that now - hadn't thought of using a 3rd party to route through