Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin: Vertical alphabet Indexing (Jump List) for grouped list in xamarin forms for droid and win

I have followed this list view with group header sample. It works fine. The IOS by default provides the "Jump list" feature in the form of vertical alphabet index. But this is not available on android and windows. Android has "fast scroll" feature, but does not provide a vertical alphabet index same as IOS. For this, I find that it requires custom rendering. I am facing problem while custom rendering. How can I provide the same "Jump list" feature as of IOS to android and windows for a grouped list view as shown below?

Same post on stack overflow.

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's not possible (but I can could be wrong). For Android you can add a vertical StackLayout and add your Letters: when the user click on the letter, you can try to jump to the right row in the listview (ScrollTo???)

• HimanshuDwivediHimanshuDwivedi USMember ✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro Perhaps this can be done using custom rendering. I was able to display the indexes, but not able to perform the interactivity on selection.
    If any one find any resource please comment. Thanks in advance !

• NoumanUllahNoumanUllah USMember

Hey @HimanshuDwivedi, Any luck or update on this? I am also looking for a solution on the same feature.

• SurbhiAroraaSurbhiAroraa Member ✭✭✭

@HimanshuDwivedi I am trying same, how did you fix this. TIA