Exception while loading assemblies: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to load assembly bin\De

I have been trying for three weeks now just to get up and running. I am just trying to do the [basic Weather App tutorial at msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn879698.aspx. I have overcome a number of hurdles so far, but I can't figure this one out.

Screen shot of the error and line of the code it references: imgur.com/W1ZRDxq

I have Windows 10, with VS2013 Community set to compatibility for Windows 8 (had to in order to solve another error) and using Xamarin Android also set to Windows 8 compatibility.

NOTE: The 101 "The element 'PropertyGroup'" warnings go away if I close all tabs and rebuild.

I get this in the Output Console.

1> ReferenceAssembliesDirectory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v6.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v5.1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v5.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.4.87\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.4\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.3\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.1\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v4.0.3\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v2.3\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v1.0\;;;C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v1.0\Facades\
1> I18nAssemblies:
1> LinkMode: None
1> Assemblies:
1> bin\Debug\WeatherApp.dll
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1386,3): error : Exception while loading assemblies: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to load assembly bin\Debug\WeatherApp.dll
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets(1386,3): error : at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute()
1>Done executing task "ResolveAssemblies" -- FAILED.
1>Done building target "_ResolveAssemblies" in project "WeatherApp.csproj" -- FAILED.