Forum Xamarin Cross Platform with Xamarin

How do i get a login/sign up page done in Xamarin.Forms?

I'm aware of creating the page UI but apart from that i'm relatively new to Xamarin. I've knowledge of C#, but for some reason i'm having trouble getting the Login/Sign up page done, along with the database.
if anyone can help me with sample code or something to begin with, that'd be splendid.

Best Answer

Answers

• DiddyDiddy GBMember
  • AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diddy - what type of login are you doing? Do you have a server you authenticate with, or is this just something on your local mobile device?

• DiddyDiddy GBMember

@AdamP A basic login, a user signs up, the data goes to the Database, Then logins in, data extracted from the database. i want to use a local database. Its just a small project on my laptop

• DiddyDiddy GBMember

@AdamP okay fair enough, what about if i've a database like Phpmyadmin, or one of the other databases i've used, its a firefox extension called Sqlite Manager.

• AdamPAdamP AUUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diddy - a MySQL database can't run on a mobile device, it is run on a server. In that case you have a server with the database and an API. Then you communicate with the database through the API. You don't connect directly from your mobile app to a database on another server.